Your view on ThruNite T21

Albinoni1967

Enlightened
I recently bought a ThruNite T21 off eBay Australia for $30 Australian dollars that is and also free postage as well. This will be one of the baby compact throwers that will replace my almost 5 year old Fenix P1D torch that gave up on me bit over a week ago. Apparently according to ThruNite the T21 gives out a Max of 350 lumens on a single CR123 battery and also uses a Cree XM-L led emiter. Also I'm not sure if this torch is the same size as a P1D or slightly bigger.

Torpedo

Newly Enlightened
The size is right at 2.75 inches(70 mm) if that helps. It is more of a flooder than a thrower. Mine has a slight yellowish tint, and has worked fine for the two months I have hade it.

Albinoni1967

Enlightened
Hi so what's the difference between a flooder than a thrower, is a thrower more so like a flood like as in it will disperse the beam more on a wider angle, where as a thrower will push out the beam at a further distance. Also how do you find the build quality of this torch.

Torpedo

Newly Enlightened
A flooder has a wider beam with less distance. A thrower will have a narrower beam with a more intense hotspot with more distance. The build quality of all my Thrunites are good.

Albinoni1967

Enlightened
Well you would not believe it, today my Thrunite arrived in the post and wow what a beautiful compact little torch and well built too and I'd say roughly the same size as a P1D. Well guess what, I did not have any spare 123 batteries at home to try it out :-!

jabara572

Newly Enlightened
Depends on how much $$, Amazon is selling them for $20....at that price its a great value. I also have the T20 which is a little bit shorter and also skinnier.

Previous poster was right about the yellow tint.... Mine is the most yellow tint out of all my lights, its not horrible, but it is noticeable and I don't like it compared to a nice cool white tint. With that being said, both the T21 and T20 throw a ton of light, the T21 is a monster flooder for it's size, it really does put out a massive amount of light for its size.

16340's really increase the output and fit "OK" as long as they aren't too wide. The T20 can't really take most 16340 because it won't screw down all the way and also causes some flickering on medium. No such problems on the T21, and the build quality is better too. Running lifepo4 in both yields seemingly equal brightness..... Which makes me question the 350 lumen claim... But since the T21 is floodier its hard to judge.

Either way, its an awesome light that for some reason doesnt get a lot of press. Also check out the newer thrunite saber 1c which is the T20 upgraded to xp-g2 emitter

Albinoni1967

Enlightened
Regarding the yellowish tint from the LED or light, is that being caused by the cree emitter, so lets say assume another manufacturer made a torch and put this same emitter in it would this that the light on this new torch would also be the same