Streamlight ProPoly 2AA lamp also fits Mini Mag 2AA?

artar

Enlightened
i have tried it, but the pins of the propoly 2aa are to short and too wide apart.
Velcro: Do you have an E2 or the propoly 4aa ?

Velcro

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ghost:
[QB]i have tried it, but the pins of the propoly 2aa are to short and too wide apart.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, there should be a way. What about soldering the pins to lengthen them, and then bend them a bit to make them fit the holes? How about it? Anyone?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Velcro: Do you have an E2 or the propoly 4aa ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I don't.

Greetings,
Velcro

Velcro

Enlightened
Ghost, that is good news. Keep us updated
smile.gif

Greetings,
Velcro

artar

Enlightened
today, i got my NextStar 2AA Replacement Bulbs. 2 Bulbs cost about 10,- DM ( ca. 5 USD). The package is labeled "NEXTSTAR Replacement Bulbs...T1 Xenon 2,4V Bi-Pin Bulbs". I tried on of them in my 1 year old (but newer used) MiniMag. I would say the nextstar bulb doubled the lightoutput. Now its equaul to my Streamlight 2AA.
I tried the second bulb with my second Minimag, this is more than 3 Years old. The result was only a bit more light than the standard bulb. I replaced the batteries, but no change ? I have to say that the standard bulb also delivered not the standard light amount. What maybe the problem ? Something with the contacts in the lamp?

Velcro

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by artar:
today, i got my NextStar 2AA Replacement Bulbs. 2 Bulbs cost about 10,- DM ( ca. 5 USD). The package is labeled "NEXTSTAR Replacement Bulbs...T1 Xenon 2,4V Bi-Pin Bulbs". I tried on of them in my 1 year old (but newer used) MiniMag. I would say the nextstar bulb doubled the lightoutput. Now its equaul to my Streamlight 2AA.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds great. Does the bulb make the beam pattern better, worse or does it stay about the same?

Greetings,
Velcro

artar

Enlightened
the beam pattern ist the same, there was no change. Also the bulb looks the same.
@kb0rrg : the lens is a bit dull, its not glossy like the newer one.