Thrunite TN12 (2014) not available any more?

cagenuts

Enlightened
Anyone know where I could purchase the Thrunite TN12 (2014)?

The Amazon listing says "Currently unavailable", Illumination Supply says "Backorder" but no indication of when stock will be available.

The most interesting part is that on Sunday I viewed the product page on the ThruNite website where the listed price was still $45.99 (or thereabouts) but today it's vanished.

Some Ebay sellers have it for $80 and up which is ridiculous because at that price I'd rather cough for the PD35.

Javora

Enlightened
It's not just the TN12 but other models as well. It looks like they never expected these lights to be as successful as they are and ran out of stock rather quickly. That or the company is having cash problems...

DawgNo1

Newly Enlightened
It's not just the TN12 but other models as well. It looks like they never expected these lights to be as successful as they are and ran out of stock rather quickly. That or the company is having cash problems...

Or they priced it too cheap, if its a loss leader then they wouldnt continue production, ive had my eye on this for a few days and noticed when it disapeared from their store, ive had it sat in my basket on amazon for a few days so I just pushed the button. Not sure if you can purchase it from amazon uk like we can purchase from the .com? it says its been supplied by Thrunite shop but it must be over here as it will be delivered next day.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
A couple big reviewers/overviewers on youtube mentioned the TN12 2014 which probably seriously helped push sales of it. I know cutlerylover did a video on it very soon after it started selling and he mentioned a) that it was over 1000 lumens from 1 18650 and b) the relatively cheap price for that kind of output.

I'm not surprised it is not available. Even I though about getting one when I first read about it.

Blue Steel

Newly Enlightened
I had just gotten an email from Thrunite saying that they are out of stock for the moment, but that they will be back in about a month and will still be for the same price.

cagenuts

Enlightened
I had just gotten an email from Thrunite saying that they are out of stock for the moment, but that they will be back in about a month and will still be for the same price.

Ah thanks, that's a great help. I have a friend going over to the States in May/June so hopefully they have stock by then.

Javora

Enlightened
I emailed "Lynn" at ThruNite and the reply I received was: "I think we will get them back in next week!".

So hopefully soon...

Javora

Enlightened
The TN12 was in stock for about a month and then sold out again. My guess is that Thrunite either has production issues or is selling them faster then they can make them. At this point I'm waiting for a updated TN11S anyway.

Unless of course it is possible to lego the head of a TN12 on to the body of a TN11S then I might buy both. :devil:

crucialcolin

Newly Enlightened
What about from the official thrunite website? Anyone have any experience with it?

Nice thing for me is I avoid ca tax over illum ;)

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got mine from Amazon for $49.95 with free shipping last Thursday. Nice light. Almost identical to my NiteCore P12 in looks, UI, output, and price.

Last edited:

crucialcolin

Newly Enlightened
I've had mine on order with amazon since last week. Hoping I see it by friday. Can't wait :D

crucialcolin

Newly Enlightened
Anyone else having problem with amazon sending this? I've got two separate orders and both are now stuck on preparing for shipment. Not sure if its Amazon or Thrunite causing the delay.