Tigerlight

N710

Newly Enlightened
Where can one buy the latest greatest version of the Tigerlight and is this the brightest rechargeable flashlight of its size?(dont want to venture into spotlights)

Thanks.

Wave

Newly Enlightened
You'll like it, it's awesome. Be advised though to be careful if you get the pepper spray model, I handed one to a fellow cop to check out...he said, "ooooooh a tactical tail-cap" and proceded to spray himself with it!!!! Maybe I should have told him about that but I was too busy laughing.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello N710,

Welcome to CPF,

Dan at Tactical Warehouse will fix you up.

The TigerLight is a great light. It has a good center spot with a good amount of side spill. It was designed for Law Enforcement use, but works quite well for civilian use as well. I love mine (I have 2 of them) and use them all of the time.

With that said, the Mag Charger will focus the beam down to a spot and will throw farther than the TigerLight. Also, the TigerLight beam is not as smooth as the SureFire beam. I have not found these things to be problems but just figured you should know of them.

The TigerLight is a tough light. I am still on the original bulbs and mine get some tough use. The light comes with a plastic lens that will melt if you turn it on and run the batteries down in one setting. TigerLight does supply a new lens with their replacement lamp so a little scratching is no big deal. You can get a glass lens for it from Chris at www.Flashlightlens.com. The glass lens looks a lot nicer, but can break if you drop the light just right.

I have been in some heavy rains with the TigerLight and have had no problems with water at all.

You can do a search on TigerLight and find a lot of information on them.

Hope you enjoy yours.

Tom

N710

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the welcome and the info!

I was under the impression that the Tiger was capable of more throw than the Magcharger,Stinger Hp,ultrastinger ect.
How does it compare to these and the Pelican M11?

I have used the Magcharger at work everyday for years,its a very tough light and while it has good throw, the overall beam quality is not that good and varys from bulb to bulb.

Is the Tigerlights beam quality better?

Which is the best rechargable, one of these or a Surefire?

Thanks again,Jon.

paulr

Flashaholic
The Pelican rechargeables have gotten bad reports around here.

If you want a huge beam from the Magcharger, join the group buy and get a Welch-Allyn 01160 bulb for it. The throw is monstrous. But of course it's a big heavy light.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Jon,

Do a search on the TigerLight and you will see beam shots and comparison information on the Mag Charger.

The TigerLight beam varies (according to Brightnorm) from bulb to bulb. I have 4 bulbs that are very close to the same, but this seems to be better than normal.

I have several friends in Law Enforcement that use the Mag Charger, and they have been impressed with the TigerLight. The Mag Charger can be focused down to a small spot that has a lot of throw, but it does not put out the same amount of light that the TigerLight does.

Check the beam shots and you will get an idea of what I am talking about.

The down side of the TigerLight is its charging system. It only slow charges. If you are using the light for a long time every night, you may run out of battery. The TigerLight has about 65 minutes of run time. The charge time for a dead battery is 10 hours. You will have to evaluate your usage to see if it will work for you. It comes with both a 12V charger and a 120V charger so in between uses you just put it on the charger to keep it topped up.

Tom

kinzli

Newly Enlightened
Eric, another Santa Cruzan! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif I, too, am in Santa Cruz.

I'll second (or third) the recommendation on Dan @ Tactical Warehouse. I'd also highly recommend the Tigerlight. I have the 8" non-OC model and love it. Lots and lots of light output, easy to carry, and very well made.

S4MadMan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
N710 said:
How does it compare to these and the Pelican M11?

[/ QUOTE ]

The TL is much brighter than a Pelican M11.

For the size, the TL is the best performing rechargeable.

If you don't mind a bigger light, get the MAG Charger with WA01160 option, it's significantly brighter than any rechargeable flashlight this side of $400.

Catapult

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
The Pelican rechargeables have gotten bad reports around here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I haven't seen any. Those who have them seem to be happy with theirs. I'm happy with mine as well.

N710, The Pelican M11 used to have a smooth reflector, which in turn out-threw a Tigerlight with an older generation lamp. The newer M11 has a textured reflector, which sacrafices some throw, for a smoother beam and more flood. It can still throw pretty well, but it is no longer a contender for the TigerLight.

The M11 runs for 1.6 hours, is longer, but with a smoother beam. The TigerLight runs for 1.1 hours, is shorter but wider, and with more light output.