Fenix TA30 acting up after many years of use

Ktor

Newly Enlightened
I've had my Fenix TA30 for about 3 years now and it's starting to act up. When I barely shake or jiggle the light it goes on and off several times. This started up very recently and the only thing I can think of that might be part of the cause is the batteries. I've always used 4 Sevens CR123's but this round I am using Surefire. Unfortunately I do not have any more 4 Sevens to test my theory. I'm hoping it is the batteries and not the light but felt I needed to ask just to satisfy myself and my wallet in case I have to get another.

Thanks!

kj2

Flashaholic
And of have done all the standard stuff? like cleaning threads, make sure everything is tighten? Tried with 18650 batteries?

T45

Enlightened
A few years back I was going to buy a Fenix TA30. Sadly, Fenix dropped it from it's catalog, apparently it was not a commercial success for them.

Have you tried their Customer Service yet?

välineurheilija

Enlightened
If it has the retaining ring in the tailcap make sure its tight i think thats the most common problem with Fenix lights.

kj2

Flashaholic
A few years back I was going to buy a Fenix TA30. Sadly, Fenix dropped it from it's catalog, apparently it was not a commercial success for them.

Have you tried their Customer Service yet?
Well, it was quite expensive because of the patent on the rotary-ring.

firelord777

Enlightened
Fenixs' TA models are the best looking flashlights I have ever seen, it's a real shame they haven't made anymore

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's the same here, my TA30 does not work properly any more. Now and then it just shuts off and I have to push the switch two times to turn it on again. Also the strobe does not work now and then and is the same as high mode. I can live with that because I don't want any strobe.
Anyway I agree with that it's a shame Fenix discontinued TA series. I love control ring and hope Fenix will offer TA series again!

välineurheilija

Enlightened
It's the same here, my TA30 does not work properly any more. Now and then it just shuts off and I have to push the switch two times to turn it on again. Also the strobe does not work now and then and is the same as high mode. I can live with that because I don't want any strobe.
Anyway I agree with that it's a shame Fenix discontinued TA series. I love control ring and hope Fenix will offer TA series again!
Judging by your postcount you have checked the retaining ring right? :)

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually I have not done it earlier but did it now. It's tightened. The reason I didn't even think about it is that I have no similar experience with other light as with TA30. When I try it now again it happens that the light turns off and after a while turns on again. I guess it's some play in the light. Propably there is nothing I can do to solve the problem.