Looking for the furthest throwing 2xAA torch currently for patrol.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
I patrol at night as i work the night shift. I realized i need a 2xAA that can throw further then my p100a2. Allot further. What are my options? Thank you for your help.

radu1976

Enlightened
You probably need a 2xAAs with TURBO - 4-5cm diameter - reflector with XP-E/XP-G inside.
NITECORE MT21a is throwing better - 10,000 lux vs 6-7,000 lux of P100A2 - but not a lot further.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark Turbo (QB2A) has the best throw out what Selfbuilt has tested in the 3V class (he has not tested the MT21A). Just in case warranty and customer service matter to you ;).

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
Thank you guys!

Javora

Enlightened
I'm using the Thrunite Archer 2A, on my night shift. It's a twist-head but it will do what you are asking for. I found it online for about $30 USD delivered. Hope this helps.

Conte

Enlightened
It depends on your arm really, but likely whichever has the most weight you'd probably throw farther.

Ah, silly joke I know.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I don't have one so know nothing of them, but how about one of those sipik68 running a 14500?
It is only a single AA, but the same voltage. I don't know of any 2AA zoomies.

Last edited:

Double Barrel

Enlightened
I don't have one so know nothing of them, but how about one of those sipik68 running a 14500?
It is only a single AA, but the same voltage. I don't know of any 2AA zoomies.

These are very surprising. Honestly for what they are I was really impressed with just AA. Super with a 14500. Mine are just single mode. I think it would be more useful to me with multi modes. There can't be a whole lot of competition as far as throw in AA/14500 lights. I'm sure they're out there, but I haven't ran across any others with zoom in a single or double AA. I think the lensers had some with 4?? AA. A lot bigger light though.

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
I patrol at night as i work the night shift. I realized i need a 2xAA that can throw further then my p100a2. Allot further. What are my options? Thank you for your help.

Check out the specs on the Eagletac D25A2. I LOVE that thing.

Of course I love ALL my lights, they are my mistresses!

(shhh, don't tell any of the gals!)

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
I've got a small, really cheap single AA that has about 15,000 lux at l meter (+/- 100 lumens) when running on the included 14500. (Rechargeable Lith-Ion battery that is the same size as a AA but has +/-3x the voltage. It also runs on a normal AA at reduced output/throw).

No brand name, but they everywhere in the "night/wet/street markets in 3rd world countries. It's got an older XPE with a "slideable" aspheric lens. Super low quality BUT I really do love the design and wish SOMEBODY would make a quality version of this light! It has the most amazing smooth flooody beam with no hot spot with the ashperic not focused and then focused it sure throws a long way for it's old technology, size and cheapness!

I bet with good heat sinking, latest XPE2 dedomed, driven hard, you'd still have that perfect flood beam on one end and possibly 200 lumens/40K lux from a dinky 1 AA light!

credo

Newly Enlightened
Not 2AA I know, but the Sunwayman D40A is a 4 X AA light with 315m throw in a body the size of a toilet roll. 980 lumens turbo stepping down to 550 after 3 mins. I love mine, very decent flood with surprising range for 40mm head.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Last edited: