Can I still get a bright keychain light?

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello everyone, it's been many years since I got my first lummi raw in AL. It is pretty beat up but still works (surprisingly the 14250 battery still holds quite a charge).

Tried contacting Rob many times and he seems to no longer be in the business anymore.

I would like to have an at least 200 lumens, preferably with an XML2, very small flashlight, can be direct drive, not for pocket, but keychain. AAA and CR123 are simply too big.

The new Nite ize inova STS seemed like an option at first but it is definitely a step back from my RAW.

Any suggestions?

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Match Box Instruments (MBI) = Very bright Key Chain Lights...over 500 L on a 10250 for example.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, it looks like you should be glad that you failed to contact Rob at Lummi. A quick look at the Lummi forum here, shows threads with the following titles, "Has Anyone Received a Lummi Order Recently? 18 Months and Waiting...", "List of Lummi orders still unfulfilled", "No response from Lummi", & "My (awful) experience with Lummi (more than 1 year waiting, lied and ignored)".

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another option would be to have your Lummi Raw modded with a newer LED.

You can also get new 14250s from mtnelectronics (dot) com.

I would contact Vinh and see if he would be able to upgrade your Raw.

Also +1 to the suggestions above, Peak and MBI are tiny powerful rugged lights.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks all for your helpful replies. MBI HF, I didn't know such light existed, it looks really nice. I'm surprised that they only charged just a tad more for the Ti version. It looks considerably longer and thinner than my RAW, But I think it's time for a change. Does it comes with trits in the tail? I cannot find it in the website.

On a separate topic...I've been away from the forum in the past couple years since the chinese manufacturers boom and dozens of new flashlights were being released every week and because of that CPF became more of a trading floor than a forum. It is good to see that things has calm down a bit and lots of helpful members are still around!! :twothumbs

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got both the mbi hf and mbi torpedo-x. The Mbi 10250 lights are just as big as the 2 smallest aaa lights on the marked.
The newest dqg aaa v takes a aaa or 10440 and is around 200 lumens with a 10440. Runtimes seems to last forever compared with the 10250 lights. I use the dqg on my keys most of the time. It's way smaller than the usual aaa lights, and takes a standard battery in a pinch :)
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/jonilse/Mobile Uploads/CAM00544_zpsc2fbbe9a.jpg
10250 lights to the left. the tiny aaa's to the right.

Last edited:

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got both the mbi hf and mbi torpedo-x. The Mbi 10250 lights are just as big as the 2 smallest aaa lights on the marked.
The newest dqg aaa v takes a aaa or 10440 and is around 200 lumens with a 10440. Runtimes seems to last forever compared with the 10250 lights. I use the dqg on my keys most of the time. It's way smaller than the usual aaa lights, and takes a standard battery in a pinch :)
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/jonilse/Mobile Uploads/CAM00544_zpsc2fbbe9a.jpg
10250 lights to the left. the tiny aaa's to the right.
That DQG AAA is a very nice small size.
I couldn't find info on the DQG AAA V, do you mean the 'IV' ?
Does it still retain the low level on 10440s?

Thanks

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The standard iv dont got 10440 support. The titanium version on the picture got 10440 support. And the newest rev. v. Got 10440 support.
Also check out the 38 DD.