Any love for Lumapower. ...

lightmyfire13

Enlightened
Anyone have liking for Lumapower lights ....getting their latest 26650 Strive also in 18650 form had a few in the past excellent build nd anodising ....just weren't bright enough .....exellent customer service from ricky as well. ..last time I bought something opened up package and thought what the..... 2 hexa bug?? Toys were included as a freebie .....

e1sbaer

Newly Enlightened
I've go an incendio v3 in one of my jackets. Lot of output and after a year of not much being used, still lights up. It works well if you use it in one mode, but I never liked the interface.

hatman

Enlightened
Just received the Incendo V3X with the updated XM-L2 U3. Available in CW and NW. I got the neutral. My first Lumapower.

Excellent service from Ricky. Received from Hong Kong in one week. (Lumapower also has some excellent US dealers.)

The Incendio comes in various battery sizes. The 123a version is about the size of the ZebraLight SC 52 series but with smaller diameter.

The Incendio and the ZL 52 are both excellent pocket EDCs. Only my EagleTac D25A and D25C are smaller. The 52 has a side switch and the Incendio is a tail clicky.

Ricky also recommended his updated CT-One and it was hard choice between that and the Incendio.

Ricky claims the updated Incendio will put out up to 800 lumens. I assume he means for very short periods. My EagleTac D25LC2 series is rated at about 850 lumens. The Incendio, while no slouch in output, is nowhere near that bright. Not even as bright as the lower rated SC 52s. That said, it is plenty bright for dog walking and my other chores.

The advantage of the Incendio over the slightly smaller EagleTac D25A and D25C is that the Incendio doesn't get as warm as quickly.

The neutral tint on the Incendio and the ZL 52 both are very nice. I slightly prefer the tint of the ZL 52 but YMMV.

The Incendio clip is deep-pocket, which I like. It doesn't feel as sturdy as the clip on the 52, which is securely held on with two screws.

ZebraLights are currently difficult to find because of QC and production issues. One dealer reports that he has stopped carrying them for now. Of course, that could just mean that he can't get them.

Lumapower is a good, moderately priced brand and Ricky is good to deal with. You can reach him easily by email. I had no trouble getting answers to my questions. He refunded part of my purchase price to match the quote he gave me. Top marks for service.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I've always liked their Sidekick model. But owned a couple of lights too similar to it to buy one.

pinhead

Newly Enlightened
I like Lumapower flashlights, too. I own some of them, like IncenDio V3X and CT-One. One of things I like is that one can do some kind of Lumapower Lego. For instance, one can use the CT-One with different battery tubes, which makes the CT-One a very versatile flashlight.

My next Lumapower flashlight will be STRIVE Standard, and since I have seen that my German dealer has a limited special offer I will order my STRIVE asap. :)

lightmyfire13

Enlightened
I like Lumapower flashlights, too. I own some of them, like IncenDio V3X and CT-One. One of things I like is that one can do some kind of Lumapower Lego. For instance, one can use the CT-One with different battery tubes, which makes the CT-One a very versatile flashlight.

My next Lumapower flashlight will be STRIVE Standard, and since I have seen that my German dealer has a limited special offer I will order my STRIVE asap. :)

What kind of deal ...lumapower are giving $20 cashback mine was paid back into pp within minutes. ....

Yep, I have two of them. The old MVP (3 x whatever LED see my signature) which is not used much now but still a great and very solid light. I also have the LM21 which is a great light for travelling - on planes, etc.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back in the day I had an LM31 and LM33, and bought a couple LM31s for family members. Those were nice simple lights which worked well. I also picked up a D-Mini Digital and it was pretty cool, too. Solidly built, good throw, all in all a good light. Of course they got flipped in favor of "newer and brighter;" you know how it is.

But I then went through 3 different "improved" iterations of the Incendio which drove me absolutely nuts. Either the UI was wonky, or the reflector wasn't matched to the LED, and the resultant beam pattern made the old Cree XR-E ringy beams look GOOD. Got rid of those and was off LP for a couple years after that.

I did pick a used earlier model Incendio off the MP for a spare light a month or so ago, and aside from the cool tint, I like it. Fit and finish are good, it's solid, the clicky is tad mushy but the UI is simple 3-level and works, and the beam profile is OK.

I might go back and give the "new" LM31 or 33 a try, but I'm still a bit hesitant.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's kinda funny, out of the dozen or so lights sitting around just on desks and nightstands, more often than not I grab an old ConneXion X2 with a 14500 inside when I need to look for something in the basement or whatnot. Nothing fancy and sometimes a little quirky but I've got a soft spot for the little Lumapower IncenDios.

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently bought a 26650 powered Strive. I like it a lot. Has very solid build quality. The anodizing looks a lot better than what's on the Sunwayman D40A I also recently bought. But what I really want is the Strive version2, which seems to be available only from an online shop in Germany. It has more modes of operation than the Strive sold at USA dealers, and the blink modes are operationally separate from the constant output modes. The one limitation that I am not happy about is that the only 5200MAh batteries that fit are the flat top, unprotected versions. A protected, button top KeepPower 5200mAh is too long, at 71.0mm. I contacted LumaPower and was informed that the maximum allowable battery length is 67.5mm.

torchflux

Newly Enlightened
Just received the Incendo V3X with the updated XM-L2 U3. Available in CW and NW. I got the neutral. My first Lumapower.

Thanks for the review.

looks like the IncenDio is a decent general-purpose option in CR123 size class. Been around for awhile, many users briefly remark about them in forum comments but in depth reviews are hard to find online... below is a German-language Taschenlampen with some good pics of the 2014 light and accessories:

http://www.helle-taschenlampen.de/threads/review-lumapower-incendio-v3x-model-2014.247/

Would please be interested to hear from others about their experiences, esp. regarding its use and performance with 16340s.