Maglite XL50 quality issues?

ShivaYash

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

In the last few weeks I've ordered several Maglite torches in their excellent XL range.

However, there have been a few issues I wanted to share with you.

1. The first XL50 I received was excellent, in the presentation case, all nice and lovely.
2. The first XL200 was NOT, it was a blister pack model and there were several dints in the tail cap and the engraving on the same was not even.
3. The second XL50 I received had a rather yellow inner ring! When compared to my excellent XL50, its not bright at all.

I love Maglites have the XL200 is my daily user, the XL50 lives in the car, and the second XL50 is a gift for my father.

Have others experienced such issues with Maglite? I get everything from Amazon UK as their prices are simply excellent, along with their customer service.

Would be good to hear the views of others. This is not a thread to bad-mouth Maglite - I am not interested in Surefire or other £££ brands. Maglite is my brand, I like USA made products and think Maglite offer a great deal of product for the prices Amazon UK sells for. You must remember that retail of Maglite in the UK is far higher than that of the USA, which is a great shame for me.

With best wishes,
SY

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Ill step up and admit I somewhat like maglite also. I like the incandescent lights better because they are classic. I bought a 2 AAA and it had the yellow ring problem mag fixed it for me. I own two of the 2 AAA MAGS and they are fine inspection lights and fine ones. I had the XL 200 no problem gave it always wasn't my favorite but it had no problems at all threw night for a short light with that clean reflector they use.

Id talk to mag about your problem.

Treeguy

Enlightened
I had an XL50 and I thought it was an excellent light. Well built, good beam, nice size. The works. I sold it to a buddy for $25 because I wanted to standardize on AA. But the light itself was great.

maglite mike

Enlightened
Never had an issue with the XL 50s and 200. The xl 200 is my daily. I beat it pretty good. The xl 50s get a decent amount of work too and no problems. The only issues I heard were with a friends mag mini pros not turning on. I gave him an XL 50 that he uses it daily for work. He raves about it. I think you may have gotten a lemon. Chances are it won't happen again.

ShivaYash

Newly Enlightened
Never had an issue with the XL 50s and 200. The xl 200 is my daily. I beat it pretty good. The xl 50s get a decent amount of work too and no problems. The only issues I heard were with a friends mag mini pros not turning on. I gave him an XL 50 that he uses it daily for work. He raves about it. I think you may have gotten a lemon. Chances are it won't happen again.

Amazon are swapping it for me. I'll be sure to check the new replacement before sending the old one back.