*NEW* ThruNite TN20 Rotatable Head Flashlight

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.thrunite.com/tn20/

WUMzfRT.png

Looks an awful lot like a Rofis.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that is a good idea. They should make a single cell pocketable version. I feel like the angle light and magnetic tail would be more useful in a pocketable light.

bkb

Newly Enlightened
I just went to Thrunites website to order of these but there was no way to add it to the cart. Does this mean its not available yet, or is there something funky going on with my computer ?
I checked out the J20 on the Roofis website but it doesn't have a magnet in the tail. The tail magnet and swivel head of the TN20 seems like it would be a perfect combination for the maintenance work that I do at work. I use my Olight S15 every day at work but even with the magnet I can't always get the right angle. The rotatable head should make it easier to get the light where I want it.

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
It must not be available just yet same here nowhere to order on my computer ether.

I would go with the TN20 not the roofus ;) as I think the thrunite would have better run time/brightness/magnet/shorter/better build quality IMO.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is not available yet. I too would go for the ThruNite over the Rofis, but it's unfortunate that they copied the design. They did the same thing with their T21 V2 copying the S10, and now it's no longer available.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
It is not available yet. I too would go for the ThruNite over the Rofis, but it's unfortunate that they copied the design. They did the same thing with their T21 V2 copying the S10, and now it's no longer available.

Yeah, they do a lot of copying, which is too bad since they make a decent product.

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, they do a lot of copying, which is too bad since they make a decent product.

One of the reasons I'm a bit wary of them. A lot of their lights appear to be at least "heavily inspired" by lights form other manufactures, at times to a fault.
I don't understand why they made the Neutron series look like the Fenix PD12, as they are probably good lights in their own right.
Thrunite doesn't have its own look'n'feel, they just seem like knock-off's of other manufacturers. Again, inspite of it being hi-quality knock-off's.
</off-topic>
Regardless of their copying, looks like a great light (but also feel sorry for Rofis).

bdogps

Enlightened
Probably that is the reason why they can have low prices on their torches. They do not have spend money on R&D to come up with new designs, they imitate it and push more lumens out of the torch.

This is just an assumption, but I get the feeling that Thrunite owns Acebeam or the other way around. They have similar looking torches.

Sarge930

Newly Enlightened

It says that they worked together with Rofis on this one

Sarge930

Newly Enlightened
My guess is that ThruNite approached Rofis and said, "Hey, you're business isn't doing so hot, and I don't see you lasting much longer, so how about we put our technology into your design, call it a 'colaboration', and make some money?" I do really want this light though, as I have a perfect spot for it on my duty vest.

kj2

Flashaholic
My guess is that ThruNite approached Rofis and said, "Hey, you're business isn't doing so hot, and I don't see you lasting much longer, so how about we put our technology into your design, call it a 'colaboration', and make some money?" I do really want this light though, as I have a perfect spot for it on my duty vest.

:D
Well, I can see them doing that.

bkb

Newly Enlightened
Still not available on their website. I sent them an email right after christmas asking when it will be available. I got a response a few days later saying this: "Thanks for your message.We will do presale soon when we have exact date of availablility.Thanks for your attention." Patiently waiting.