Dewalt 18v PR Bulb?

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was walking through Home Depot today and came across a Dewalt 18v PR based bulb. Anyone know anything about this bulb or have used it? I was thinking maybe in a juiced up mag with 6x123?

soloco

Enlightened
I tried the dewalt bulbs in the past. They aren't really very good. You can probably get 330+ lumens out of the 18V one, but you would probably need to use 7 or 8 in a series. The voltage of the 123 will drop to about 2.5V under a significant load. The biggest problem with these bulbs is that the filament is HUGE! This means that it is pretty impossible to focus and makes nasty rings everywhere. Save the money and get in on a Carley or Welch Allyn group buy.

RussH

Enlightened
I agree with Soloco, based on my use of DeWalt 12v & 14.4v bulbs. I got the 18v drill & saw but I didn't want the flashlite for the above reasons..... -RussH

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Ditto the above comments!

IF you do get enough power to it, then you have beam issues!

Do a 2C M*g with 3x123A and a 5 cell Whitestar (or Radio Shack KPR112) IF you haven't already done so of course!

Or figure out a way to use a 20 or even 50 watt MR16 in a light.... (I think I was running 8 123 against a 20W)

Nice and Bright in a nice size!