AA LED Lights

FEATHERSTONE

Newly Enlightened
Hi Folks,

I really like LED'S that take just 1 AA battery,I have the CMG Ultra Infinity and it has replaced my mini mag,I was wondering if you can point me in the direction on where I can find more makers who make LED lights that take just a single AA battery or just plain regular batteries in general.I use my CMG for everything and it has become my out in the woods light,Im looking for something that is strong but not very big throws out a good beam that can go in my pack and not kill my wallet.
Thanks in advance,
Ryan

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Welcome to CPF!
The ARC AA http://store.yahoo.com/flashlight/arfase.html
ARC AAA http://store.yahoo.com/flashlight/arcaaa.html
The Dorcy 1 AAA 1 LED about $6 at Walmart
The Infinity Ultra, the link is to BatteryStations CPF Members only Special Page
http://www.batterystation.com/cpf.htm
Modify your MiniMag with a Sandwich from The Sandwich Shoppe. From what they have in stock at the moment you want a MadMax Q2 on sale for $40. This is a 1 watt Luxeon and it is brighter than any MiniMag you have ever seen or imagined. It also has a nice smooth beam. I recommend the ARC AAA & the Sandwich.
http://secure3.dnsaction.com/~anlighte/shop/default.php?cPath=22&osCsid=b2c3443085f984ed2c5375224f24d4db

stockwiz

Enlightened
The best value for your money will be to buy another CMG Ultra G, the "government" version from countrycomm using their CPF special it's only $14.50, and I'm pretty sure shipping is free if you spend $50. They have other useful products such as those one dollar LED keychain lights, as well.

Otherwise I'd go the Arc AA route, but it's generally going to cost you more then double what these cost. I don't think it's worth the extra cost, I love my Ultra G "government" version... smooth, wide beam, long runtimes, semi regulation.. everything you'll need and cheap.

http://www.countycomm.com/cpflight9.htm

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
opalec newbeam!

though it uses 2 batteries, it is a 3led drop in for a minimag.

it has twice the output of an infinity ultra, and runs for over 9 hours straight!
it is fully regulated, so it does not dim until the very end, then a red led pops on to warn tht the bats are nearly dead.

wonderful light!

and i second the madmax/badboy sandwiches. awesome lights.

Bob

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Dorcy 1 AA/3 LED should reach stores before long. I have the 1 AAA/1 LED, and for the $$, it's a fine light.

I assume the new one will have the momentary clickie tailcap and twist on. It even has a lock out tail cap !

The 3 LED model should about equal a 1 AAA/1 LED light in runtime, but three times brighter. I am looking forward to getting several. Lithium AA's would be another plus for the new light.

Then, maybe we can find the new 2 AA/4 LED Dorcy also. Cheap fun for sure.

LightScene

Enlightened
Take advantage of the Arc introductory sale tomorrow. See the "Arc update" thread in the Arc forum. For $60 you can get a great EDC light that runs on one 123 cell for 2 hours. Arc sells those batteries for $1 each and they have a ten year shelf life, so you can stock up on a few when you order your light. You'll also get a really nice interchangeable 2AA barrel which works great with alkalines or rechargeables. It's my favorite light. You don't know how useful these nice Luxeon lights are until you have one with you all the time. I know $60 seems like a lot, but believe me, it's worth it. I think this intro deal also includes free shipping, which beats the heck out the usual $7 to $10 shipping ripoff fees.

Oh yeh, these lights are built to last and have a distinctive look and feel - the opposite of cheap.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
FEATHERSTONE said:
I really like LED'S that take just 1 AA battery,I have the CMG Ultra Infinity

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you whole heartedly on single AA battery lights, and am surprised that there just aren't that many out there.

Just about all the ones I know about have already been mentioned in this thread, along with interesting lights that use other types and numbers of batteries.

I like the light to be as compact as possible - hopefully not much bigger than the single AA battery itself (allowing for the LED head).

So the 1AA 3LED Dorcy doesn't quite do it for me - as the head is significantly wider than the battery compartment body - so it would form more of a bulge in the pocket and not be as comfortable to carry.

Of all the 1AA LED lights I know about the Ultra-G is still my favorite - because of its design and and its useful light coverage - smooth and wider beam/side-spill....

Please see:
CMG Ultra-G vs. Ultra

CMG Ultra-G (#2)

Wide beam/side-spill -
Light Coverage - spill-diameter

FEATHERSTONE

Newly Enlightened
Hey thanks to all who responded,Now I have some places to look.
Thats where I got my CMG is from county comm,its the military one.Its a great light, im very pleased with it,I also bought there special 20 for 20 of those little pocket lights.
I gave them out to friends and my 2 year old nephew who gets a kick out of them.
I put a couple in the truck and a couple in the pack.
They are handy,the one I have been useing has lasted for 11 hours now,not bad for a buck.
Thanks again

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apart from the Arc, you could also look at a KL1 w 3x123 cell body combo. Tadgear has them for sale, you can use either 3x123 cells or 2 AA cells on the KL1 head.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Princeton Tec (PT) Yukon HL would be good for your application. So would the CMG Reactor (2AA), which does best on a pair of Lithium AAs. It was intended as a backpacking light. Output on alkalines is pathetic.

Good single AA lights are few and far between.