2 almost identical flashlights

Rich1833

Newly Enlightened
I was looking at Eagletak Flashlights comparing specs. I like both the P25LC2 and D25LC2 Tac. I really do not understand how they differ from each other. Both are the same size, light output, etc... The 1 thing that I do see is the P25LC2 has a smooth reflector with 51*spill, 11.4*center spot, 11,800 lux. The D25LC2 Tac has a very lightly textured reflector with 64*spill, 11*center spot, 9,500 lux. Can somebody explain what that means to me please? Is one better then the other?

Amelia

Enlightened
I was looking at Eagletak Flashlights comparing specs. I like both the P25LC2 and D25LC2 Tac. I really do not understand how they differ from each other. Both are the same size, light output, etc... The 1 thing that I do see is the P25LC2 has a smooth reflector with 51*spill, 11.4*center spot, 11,800 lux. The D25LC2 Tac has a very lightly textured reflector with 64*spill, 11*center spot, 9,500 lux. Can somebody explain what that means to me please? Is one better then the other?

The P25LC2 will "throw" (project light into the distanc) slightly better, with a more intense "hot spot" of light in the center. The hot spot will likely be sharply defined/transitioned where it meets the spill light around it.
The D25LC2 will spill light into a wider area, and the "transition" from the hot spot to the outer spill light will be smoother and not as defined/sharp (because of the reflector texturing).
One isn't really "better" than the other, it's all based on what you want the light for. The choice is whether you're looking for more of an area illumination light (D25LC2) or a thrower to look deeper into the distance at night (P25LC2). They both have their uses.

If you are interested in a "thrower" to really project light out there (at the expense of close-up area lighting), take a look at the EagleTac S200C2. It's really impressive!

Last edited:

UnderPar

Enlightened
For either of the two purposes, the brand has a very good quality and is also a very good value for money, imho.

Berneck1

Enlightened
For either of the two purposes, the brand has a very good quality and is also a very good value for money, imho.

Agreed. My favorite lights have been the Eagletacs. They offer a good variety, and good value. There's almost something for everyone in their offering.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie

Just my two cents, I have the D25LC2 which I'm very happy with. The previous owner installed diffuser film in it as he really hated hot spots. I've always been more of a throw than a spill kind of guy, but for around the house use this arrangement is great. I can light up an entire room. If I'm just puttering around the house in the middle of the night going to the porcelain euphemism, getting a glass of water or a late night snack, I almost never turn the lights on anymore. Who needs the power company? I got my EagTac! :)

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast

They are sort of similar. But there are differences.

The D Series is slimmer and more compact. It also has tail standing ability. There are also choices of XP-G2 and Nichia219B emitters and slightly lower output overall (less heat sinking, so probably slightly less current to produce slightly less heat).

I think the UI is different too.

I'm interested in this snippet about the P25LC2 however:

"P25 series retain the popular LED module upgrade ability like the P20 series."

The EagleTac website doesn't seem to expand on this or show any pics. But I'd like to know what this module upgrade ability is actually like and how it works.