Dorcy 1AA 3LED vs Dorcy 1AAA vs ARC AAA

lak

Newly Enlightened
There seems to be quite a lot of interest in the Dorcy lights, and justifiably so. Here are some comparison pictures for those interested.

Size:
Included is a TW4 (E1e+KL4) for size comparison (it is almost identical to Dorcy 1AA/3LED in size)

Dorcy01.jpg

Beamshots:

Dorcy02.jpg

Dorcy03.jpg

ARC AAA - smallest, toughest, waterproof, nice beam, what more can you say /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dorcy 1AAA - cheapest, widest side spill, beam with artifacts and rings

Dorcy 1AA 3LED - brightest, biggest/heaviest, expected longest runtime, largest hotspot with smooth beam and no rings/artifacts; but practically NO side spill because of its recessed LED and no reflector design.

Dorcy04.jpg

All in all, I like All of them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Lak.

I do too. I only have the Dorcy 1 AAA and it is a very bright and useful light for its size. I have a E1e stock.

I have been fighting the urge to get a Arc AAA. I think that the deluxe model is supposed to give the better light of the two models. I have had a hard time getting to a point where I want to pay $35 for it. I got here too late to get the 1/2 price lights that County.com was selling a few months ago. If I wait there won't be a sale. If I buy one will appear the next day.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the report. I am looking forward to Walmart getting the 1AA 3LED. I hope the price is right.

I'm telling myself that I am about finished buying lights to go to a dark room and see what kind of beam it throws.
It is more fun to stand at my gate and shine the beams on my RV in the back yard. Now what is the matter with someone who thinks that is enjoyable???

Jerry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

lak

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:
aw.. no Dorcy 3LED vs. the TW4? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, you ask for it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Here you go:
Dorcy05.jpg

There are in a different class.

And here's an overexposed side by side comparison shot showing the side spill difference (2 Dorcy and ARC AAA):

Dorcy06.jpg