Zebralight T60 / T60w

Swede74

Enlightened
I just noticed Zebralight has updated their spreadsheet: it seems the rechargeable light that was supposed to be released sometime this year has been replaced by a tail clicky.

Let the speculation begin! Will it happen? Will it turn out to be vaporware? For the time being I'm going to call it "wishware" - I do wish it will become a reality.

Edit: I spoke too soon. I don't remember exactly what it said a few days ago, but I think the only thing that has changed is that it no longer says anything about the light being rechargeable under "Notes".

zlspsheet2.jpg

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...authkey=CNqP6KIC&hl=en&authkey=CNqP6KIC#gid=0

Last edited:

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bezel, length, weight of the SC600.

So bigger head, half an inch longer for the tail clicky perhaps. Maybe the bigger head accommodates the recharging mechanism

markr6

Flashaholic
Tail switch ZL is not for me, but of course I'm interested in seeing what this looks like.

markr6

Flashaholic
A tail-switch with ZL's UI seems like it would be odd...

It would. I wonder if it would be a forward clicky, with something like a side switch/rotating head? But since they only say "Tail Clicky" I guess it would just be the usual switch and UI.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone should send them an email to try to find out estimated release date and any info about it if possible! They're usually really good about responding, in my experience, and tell as much as they able to about potential new release items.

markr6

Flashaholic
Someone should send them an email to try to find out estimated release date and any info about it if possible! They're usually really good about responding, in my experience, and tell as much as they able to about potential new release items.

They're probably tired of hearing from me :)

markr6

Flashaholic
I checked with ZL on this. The T60 will also have the usual electronic switch and UI. This is fine by me, but I'm not sure I would want a tail click version either way.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I checked with ZL on this. The T60 will also have the usual electronic switch and UI. This is fine by me, but I'm not sure I would want a tail click version either way.

It will have a tail switch in addition to the side electronic switch or just a tail clicky that functions like the current electronic switches?

Phry

Banned
Things I do NOT want to see Zebralight do in their lights:

Tail switches
Rechargeable functions
Different UI
Other colour bodies

Things I DO want to see Zebralight do:

Make the Q50!
Make the S6330b
Make other mule/complete flood lights

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there an active Zebralight suggestion thread in which we can add our suggestions?

Anyways, I actually like having a tail electronic switch, if that's possible, or at least a tail switch that feels like and operates like the current electronic switch.

And I wish both the main and secondary mode in each of the 3 levels are programmable, not just the secondary mode as in the current lights.

thomas_sti_red

Newly Enlightened
I hope Zebralight does try to innovate in different models. They did a great job on the 18650 for EDC and I am curious to see what they can do.
As long as they keep what they have in SC models without changing them too much.

markr6

Flashaholic
I hope Zebralight does try to innovate in different models. They did a great job on the 18650 for EDC and I am curious to see what they can do.
As long as they keep what they have in SC models without changing them too much.

I think we're OK. They also mentiond how they have been using electronic switches since early 2008 and have no plans to use mechanical one. Or change the UI

Keep it simple, light, small, versatile UI, tint options. Yes there are things I would like to change, but nothing major. Don't fix what isn't broken.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep it simple, light, small, versatile UI, tint options. Yes there are things I would like to change, but nothing major. Don't fix what isn't broken.

I'd like to see a SC52 or SC5 with a Nichia 219 LED. I know that ZL likes to keep things bright, which is perhaps why they haven't done a Nichia 219 offering in the past. But perhaps when the Nichia 219C comes out, which is supposed to be a bright LED, Zebralight might change their mind.

Or, a high CRI warm white Cree XML might be nice. Something around 3000K? Though it might be too small a demand for something that warm.

markr6

Flashaholic
I'd like to see a SC52 or SC5 with a Nichia 219 LED. I know that ZL likes to keep things bright, which is perhaps why they haven't done a Nichia 219 offering in the past. But perhaps when the Nichia 219C comes out, which is supposed to be a bright LED, Zebralight might change their mind.

Or, a high CRI warm white Cree XML might be nice. Something around 3000K? Though it might be too small a demand for something that warm.

Nichia 219 would be AMAZING!!! I even told them I would pay $100 for a "SC52n". They said no, and that supply/channel related issues were the reason why no Nichia so far.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nichia 219 would be AMAZING!!! I even told them I would pay $100 for a "SC52n". They said no, and that supply/channel related issues were the reason why no Nichia so far.

Strange, I find it hard to believe that there are supply issues with the Nichia 219. Even if it costs more, how much would a more expensive LED add to the cost? A couple of bucks?

markr6

Flashaholic
Strange, I find it hard to believe that there are supply issues with the Nichia 219. Even if it costs more, how much would a more expensive LED add to the cost? A couple of bucks?

That's what I thought. Pretty much anyone can go and buy these LEDs. Who knows, maybe they're pinching pennies and couldn't get a price they wanted. I just noticed this email was from 2013...I'm guessing the Luxeon emitter models pretty much killed any Nichia hopes?

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just noticed this email was from 2013...I'm guessing the Luxeon emitter models pretty much killed any Nichia hopes?

Perhaps, but they're cooler tint offerings. The Nichia 219A is on the warmer side of neutral, which I like. (And I think it's higher CRI than the Luxeon, though probably not much.)