Thrunite TN-12 Warranty Claim. Missing in China

InspectHerGadget

Enlightened
I bought this light back in May last year. I had an issue with it flickering. I then sent it back, even took a picture of the labelling (as requested), it was tracked by Australia Post and I had the tracking number. The label for the address was even in Chinese as well as English. I sent it on March 26th. It got 'attempted delivery' to the location/address on April 2nd. I then get an email back today saying that they never got it 'where is the package"?, after my enquiry as to where was my light.

The answer seems got there in a little over week then went missing...for good, someone most likely stole it.

So bought light, spent money on postage and it's gone for good.

As far as I'm concerned they owe me a torch and if I don't get one back then my relationship with Thrunite is over.

Last edited:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear about your international mailing issues. The lack of control/information/recourse with China's Post and Int'l import/export customs has put a damper on many Chinese lights for me. While it's nice to see some more Chinese manufacturers stepping up and standing behind their products with good warranties and customer service (eg, Armytek and Thrunite), I find I am not willing to deal with the cost, wait, risk of loss, and lack of recourse with international mailing back to China for repair. Although Thrunite does have local distribution facilities (in the US for me), they do not appear to be interested in establishing local warranty/CS facilities, as discussed HERE.

InspectHerGadget

Enlightened
I did return an Armytek light to China successfully in May. It was a C2 Prime Pro which I found had a poor UI and an impossibly heavy switch. It too went by International Post requiring a signature. I sent it on May 13th and got the refund last week.

This light was just a cheap TN12 worth $50 or so. It wasn't worth insuring and knowing what I know now I would have just binned it rather than returning it.

With the C2 I was just rucky...

I now have a Zebralight SC600 II w. A beautiful light. I've posted a lot of stuff between here and the USA and it has NEVER gone missing. In fact I personally have never had anything lost in the post here in Australia.

Last edited:

D6859

Enlightened
I worked last summer for a private courier company which dealed with some global companies. The amount of emails from the global companies asking "does anyone in this country happen to know where this and this packet might be?" was amazing. Also, there were some packets in the terminal just waiting for the recipient to contact whole month I worked there. Packets get lost quite easily, one of the reasons I wish none of the flashlights/headlamps I've bought will not break.

InspectHerGadget

Enlightened
I got an email from Thrunite in China confirming that they would send out a replacement. No further comments on what happened to my light.

The point is I have got my replacement light which is all I could have asked for...and did.

I thanked them and yes it did restore my confidence. I have their Catapult and TN32 also, both expensive lights and I was thinking about what would happen if they need to be repaired and sent back to China.

So Confidence restored in Thrunite. It was probably the postal system in China at fault or it got taken when left maybe at their door.