I messed up

Haroldlutsen

Newly Enlightened
I was at the st Charles mo gun show today and bought two nitecore flashlights the guy was very helpful and showed me many lights I ended up with aEA41 and a EA11 with 4 14500 for $110 upon getting home I opened the the ea11 and realized the box was empty less the sheath and paperwork. I think he handed me the display light box by mistake as I've bought from him in the past and have no reason to think this was anything but a honest mistake but I can't think of his online company based out of the st Charles area he has a big fenix and nitecore display along with many knives and some thrunight and Sunwayman does anybody know what this company might be or a way to find the dealer with the serial number on the box or do I chalk this up to stupidity

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats a shame. What a tease! lol You really are missing a cool light! Not to rub it in or nothing. lol

I searched google and didn't find much. I am sure you did that already too.

Call the show and ask for a Vendor List.

Here is a link with a link to the Show Flyer, (I Think I got the right one)

http://www.saintlouisweaponcollectors.com

1DaveN

Enlightened
I like Str8stroke's idea of getting a vendor list. The other thing might be to search Yelp for sporting goods stores near that area, and just scroll the list unit you spot a name you recognize. I tried Google with the idea that anyone selling Fenix and the other brands should jump right out in search results, but that didn't work as well as I thought it would.

Haroldlutsen

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your help I appreciate the effort I'll try the vendor list idea you know the worst part is when I went to open and show my wife my cool new light and her finding out I bought a empty box

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your help I appreciate the effort I'll try the vendor list idea you know the worst part is when I went to open and show my wife my cool new light and her finding out I bought a empty box
Good luck sir.

Many mere mortal men pray for your quest to be successful!
(For fear this gets around and we are all tarred and feathered the same. )

Get your light good man, best of luck.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Harold
There is a pretty big distributor in the Chesterfield Valley and I think they might have these lights?
I can't remember the name but will check in the morning and get back to you here.
They have a big presence online and I have bought from them before locally too,maybe they would have an idea if it is not them in the first place?

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I checked and they do not sell Nitecore,sorry.

But if I google STL tactical distributors I do get back several choices and one might be yours?
I would just contact the show as has already been offered and ask for a list and go from there.

Good Luck

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at the st Charles mo gun show today and bought two nitecore flashlights the guy was very helpful and showed me many lights I ended up with aEA41 and a EA11 with 4 14500 for $110 upon getting home I opened the the ea11 and realized the box was empty less the sheath and paperwork. I think he handed me the display light box by mistake as I've bought from him in the past and have no reason to think this was anything but a honest mistake but I can't think of his online company based out of the st Charles area he has a big fenix and nitecore display along with many knives and some thrunight and Sunwayman does anybody know what this company might be or a way to find the dealer with the serial number on the box or do I chalk this up to stupidity

That certainly isn't your fault. It's 100% the dealer's fault. You bought a flashlight, he handed you an empty box. That's not a fair trade. So, no, you didn't mess up. He messed up.

I think your best recourse is to contact the show organizers and get them to give you the name of the vendor you "bought" from. Alternatively, you could try to dispute the charge on your credit card. This isn't your fault, you shouldn't have to pay for it.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
That certainly isn't your fault. It's 100% the dealer's fault. You bought a flashlight, he handed you an empty box. That's not a fair trade. So, no, you didn't mess up. He messed up.

I think your best recourse is to contact the show organizers and get them to give you the name of the vendor you "bought" from. Alternatively, you could try to dispute the charge on your credit card. This isn't your fault, you shouldn't have to pay for it.

Wonder if he called the credit card company if they could give him some info to track down the seller?

Haroldlutsen

Newly Enlightened
Wonder if he called the credit card company if they could give him some info to track down the seller?

One of the few times I used cash. I emailed the show promoter (no reply yet) and a company called Midwest blade I found online as being in area. There was a prompt response saying they were at the show but the person answering the email was not the one who was actually there and he would check on it for me

Eagles1181

Newly Enlightened
When you contact the people organizing the show. Don't just ask for a vendor list. Ask for a floor plan. This will be all the vendors and where their booth was located. If you have any recollenction of what part of the building you were in, it should help narrow things down. Also were they on the end or mid row, ect...

Eagle

Haroldlutsen

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone for all your help the promoter verified Midwest blade was where I described so I emailed them and the owner randy returned a email within a hr and apologized for inconvenience and is supposed to ship tomorrow

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks everyone for all your help the promoter verified Midwest blade was where I described so I emailed them and the owner randy returned a email within a hr and apologized for inconvenience and is supposed to ship tomorrow
Perfect outcome, congrats friend.

Kind of a nail biter to watch unfold a lost treasure come to discovery and recovery.
You'll for ever be checking purchases in the future, and can't be blamed for it at all, golden pass. +1