Dorcy LED AAA momentary switch question

deww

Newly Enlightened
How easily does this thing turn on inside someone's pocket or, say a purse? I plan to get a few of these for different people and I don't want to leave them stranded with a flashlight with dead batteries. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

brickbat

Enlightened
At least on my sample of one unit - this is a problem. You have to unscrew it quite a bit to ensure it won't come on. IMHO, it's the weakest point in the design of this light.

I would not recommend this light as a pocket EDC.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it has a LOTC anyway.

Mine takes about one turn to "no light", about 2 1/2 turns to take off the tail cap.

Not too bad for a cheap light.

I wish some of my $$$$ lights had it.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
What raggie said. I've never had a problem with mine turning on during carry as long as it's unscrewed. There is a small amount of threading that will retain the tailcap on the body without allowing the light to be activated, which is a very nice feature. Sort of a poor man's LOTC.

-Mike

brickbat

Enlightened
Just seems like there's only a small sweet spot between the no-light LOTC point and having the cap so loose that it seems to be in danger of falling off. Still, for $6, I'm not complaining.

deww

Newly Enlightened
Hmm. I got one and you guys are right. There's a "sweet spot" where it's hard to actually get it to turn on with the spring loaded mechanism. Is there another comparable light (2AA/AAA or 1AA/AAA) for about 10$ that's good for even small purses? Maybe I will give these out. Thanks for the input folks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes... and the UK 2AAA also is made with an LED head. I just got one in the mail and will be doing some tests on it shortly. I think I still prefer the standard incandescent for most things, but the LED isn't bad at all.

-Mike

danielo_d

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
brickbat said:
Just seems like there's only a small sweet spot between the no-light LOTC point and having the cap so loose that it seems to be in danger of falling off. Still, for $6, I'm not complaining.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, you can put teflon tap on the treads. It makes the cap ride better on the threads. And it feels less wobbly or loose in that 'sweet spot'.