Substitutes for Nye 759G?

Geode

Enlightened
Hello fellow flashfolks,

I wondered if there were any decent substitutes for the Nye 759G electrical contact lubricant. It would be nice to be able to get hold of a good product without having to go through the hassle and wait of ordering some.

Thanks

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you search this has been discussed at length. Go to any hardware store and pick up some non petroleum silicone grease. I remember somebody said Radio Shack has some sort of lube that works well. Don't waste your money on Nye, it's not necessary.

Geode

Enlightened
tkl,

Thanks for the response. Picked up a tube of "Lube Gel" at the shack earlier this week. I have searched threads here for conductive lubricating agents, and they all seem to mention Nye 759G.

The Nye 759G is supposed to be good for enhancing electrical contacts, or at least not adding resistance. In particular, there is a thread by Peter Gransee in the Arc Forum about how such a lubricant may help to overcome some of the problems encountered using non-Duracell batteries in the new Arc4. I am looking for an alternative to buying Duracells, since that can get spendy and since I have quite a few Panasonic and Yuntong 123 cells.