A list of orange peel reflector lights

tom-

Enlightened
For -me- the orange peel reflector provides the kind of light I need/want and I am looking to purchase a light with a bit more lumens/runtime than the wonderful TK 35 I have, if there is a list perhaps could someone direct me to it, if there is not perhaps members would be kind enough to help in compiling one??

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm....well there are the orange peel TK22 and the orange peel TK35 UE's. I personally think OP reflectors are way over hyped. That being said my keep in the car light is a 4D cell M*g with the top dog 700+ OTF lumen Malkoff drop in. With a smooth reflector it still had the cheesy original M*g artifacts. I eventually put in a medium orange peel reflector which took care of it like magic. Want to talk run times? That same Malkoff driven M*g runs off 4x Powerex 11000mah NiMH D cells. Full blast for hours and it doesnt even get hot. But thats a custom job. Look at the big manufacturers big lights with say MT-G2 emitters and other lights meant to be flooders they usually have OP reflectors. Which TK35 do you have? Ive owned them all since the original XM-L. The 2015 XM-L2 will run flat out 1000 lumens for a full 30 minutes till timed drop down. How much run time you looking for?

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a 2014 edition of the PD35, and it has an ever so subtle orange peal reflector. Got a beautifully smooth artefact free beam from it, unlike my first gen PD32 that has noticeable artefacts if whitewall hunting, but not so noticeable outdoors.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Never seen a list, but anyway, I have lights from lots of different manufacturers and makers and most seem to be OP.