What Do You think about a Fenix TK 61 with a XP-L High LED?

Ernst from Germany

Newly Enlightened
I hope Fenix will offer a modified Tk 61 with a XP-L High LED in the next 3 month, i am shure it will be a good wedding. What Do you think about such a dream?
Best Greets Ernst

kj2

Flashaholic
TK61 with XP-L Hi led? That would be awesome! :D Wonder, in that case, if the bigger sized reflector will provide more throw than the Olight M3XS.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would just make sense for Fenix to upgrade its "sword to split the darkness" or whatever terminology they used. Think about it Olight stormed 2015 with their amazing Javelots and I believe took a bit of sales away from the big F. Hasnt Vinh already done this though? Are there not 3 or 4 TK61VN's? All of which crank like lasers? He has proven how tunable the light is already.

Heck Ill go ahead and predict it. Here come the dark winter months during which in either late 2015 or early 2016 F will drop their super tuned XP-L HI TK61 bomb. With a reflector that big and electronics already that stout the only real external change may be an upgrade in the quality of the switches. If F cannot pull 300k CD out of the big 61 I will be very disappointed.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like you guys, I'm anxiously waiting...

Come on Fenix...give us a thrower that'll make it's TK61 little brother proud!!!!!

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
as per the Fenix Store threads the TK61 is discontinued. Fret not for they also say its replacement will be along shortly and outperform the 61. Whatever Fenix new thrower is it has some very stiff competition. Fenix latest models have been hit or miss for me. The new TK75 seems like an afterthought, the FD40 is just a poor variable focus design. The recent Fenix lights where you need to long press the mode switch to get to turbo and the light switches off for a couple seconds is just inexcusable. I dont spend good money on lights to be left in the dark even be it for a couple of seconds.

To replace the TK61 with a worthy successor is well in Fenix design capabilities. Will they actually release a design worthy of the 61's history though? Love my TAC PD35 and 2015 TK35 but am left cold by the confusing other lights they have rolled out especially the FD40. Never thought Id hear myself say this but in 2015 Nitecore and Olight are eating Fenix lunch.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
....Fenix better have one hell of an ace up their sleeve to discontinue the 61. Still a TK61 with a XP-L HI should kick 280k+ CD. The 61's replacement could literally drop any day now that the winter is setting in and nights getting longer its prime time to sell lights.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 61's replacement could literally drop any day now that the winter is setting in and nights getting longer its prime time to sell lights.

Fenix better hurry up. :thumbsup:

December 21st is the shortest day of the year in the northern hemisphere. On Tuesday, the days start getting longer again.

Xaios

Newly Enlightened
I'm also waiting with baited breath for the successor to the TK61. I love my TK61, but I look forward to something even better (so long as it has the awesome battery life of the TK61).

ven

Flashaholic
Would be awesome with an xpl hi! , would like a few tweaks on the light cosmetically too, probably on my own here but i do find it a little fugly......:tinfoil: Like a different designed head, maybe even deeper reflector(like the body though, that bits fine).

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
whatever the 61 replacement comes out to be it will have some kind of HI that is more or less a lock. Fenix has a real challenge with the 61 successor. In this day and age of the Javelots etc. setting the thrower standard again is going to be tough

ven

Flashaholic
The bonus of the tk61 is run time and can run till the cells say no more due to the mass, still i want an astonishing amount of kcd this time as 160kcd of the standard imo was very poor. Many now are 250kcd+ in a smaller form factor, there really is no reason why it should not be 500+ kcd easy,800kcd should not be out of the question imho.

Somehow i know i am going to be let down............. i just know! But thats what vn is for :naughty:

ven

Flashaholic
What frustrates me is time scales, i mean how long does it take for a current bump,led change and get it out there.............. In the time these lights are released there will be something better out(may not be in build but in performance) . Of course i dont know that for sure, for me if there is a plan then sooner the better to get it released. Too much competition out there for a 6 month wait(example). Hard core Fenix fans will buy no matter, however others who want a reliable good thrower and may have already got their fix!! With many now 250+ kcd, imho better UI with control rings.............this will really need to be astonishing for me to warrant a purchase. Again my humble opinion on how i see things...............

Ernst from Germany

Newly Enlightened
I mean Fenix will offer a nearly perfect new lamp and not a lamp which is done with a hot needle.A good thing needs time.
Ernst

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im actually going to go as far as to say they will swipe some one elses design and make it theirs. Much easier to do. I dont think it will be another big honking light it will be 2/3rds the 61 size. Hate to say it but with oddballs like the FD40 and lights nobody asked for like the LD75C Im kinda worried about what Fenix will roll out now...

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that the TK61 is discontinued, has anyone seen any good clearance prices on them anywhere?