What's a cool light to carry around besides the Eternalight?

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

What\'s a cool light to carry around besides the Eternalight?

i just gave away my eternalight, and i want something to replace it. i liked the eternalight because it was a cool light that i could always carry around. what's a good light that i could carry around that's nice and bright (the photon just doesn't cut it sometimes
wink.gif
). what do you guys suggest?

i'm thinking maybe the pal gold, or the stylus 3. does anyone know how the output of the stylus 3 compares to the eternalight.

thanks
grin.gif

Doug

Enlightened
Re: What\'s a cool light to carry around besides the Eternalight?

Check out:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=443720&a=8948641&p=30653941&Sequence=0

for a comparison of light output between 6 different lights...

Doug

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yo2tup:
i just gave away my eternalight, and i want something to replace it. i liked the eternalight because it was a cool light that i could always carry around. what's a good light that i could carry around that's nice and bright (the photon just doesn't cut it sometimes
wink.gif
). what do you guys suggest?

i'm thinking maybe the pal gold, or the stylus 3. does anyone know how the output of the stylus 3 compares to the eternalight.

thanks
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

D

**DONOTDELETE**

ah cool. i've decided that i don't want any of those 6 lights
grin.gif
grin.gif
i'm really interested in the pal gold and stylus 3...i've seen pictures of the light output from the pal gold but not the stylus, hmm. or does anyone suggest any other lights?

hm maybe i should just go for a surefire 6z
shocked.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I can't imagine life without the Eternalight....however my next favorite is the Pal "OneStar".

I bought it November last year and it is being used often. It is the one that has "electronic switching". When you press the switch, it starts out in dim mode and increases in 7 steps. You release the switch when you have the desired brightness.

Current draw is 9.5, 14.3, 22.2, 36, 43, 45, and 52.

175 hours at low and 30 hours at high.

I am not a led guru, but the led that comes with this model is longer than the normal Pal. It has a different lens and overall is quite pleasing. If I ordered another I would request the regular black case. This comes with a powder blue case with an area recesed with a custom logo in it.

My wife doesn't bonk me when I turn it on in bed
smile.gif
as it starts out in low mode. I really like this feature most. I used to catch quit a bit of grief with the Eternalight.

Price is $21.95
[email protected]
Email for availability as I cannot find it on their standard order page. http://www.lightechnology.com

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Kem on 01-06-2001 at 07:18 PM</font>

Brock

Flashaholic

Hey I can't find the "Pal OneStar" on their site anywhere? Where is it, I think I want one
wink.gif

Brock

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Check your email.
I sent scan of the brochure and scan of the manual.
My guess it that they are gearing up production before they officially announce??
I feel sure a phone call Monday would get you one.
Kem

Brock

Flashaholic

Thnaks Ken (Kem) my email server is still down, but my web site is back up, for now anyway. They were doing a 1 hour maintaince that took 18 hours
smile.gif

yo2tup check out this shot I have of all the light including the ones you mention. Rememer the PAL has a really tight beam of light compared to all the others. I really like the stylus white, I think it is the best single LED light I have.

http://www.uwgb.edu/nevermab/led/halfsec.jpg

Brock http://www.uwgb.edu/nevermab/led.htm

D

**DONOTDELETE**

hmm...in reviews, it's said that the stylus 3 is noticibly brighter than the photon, but in that picture they look the same.

i should've kept the eternalight
frown.gif