Aleph 3x XPL build.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
HI all,

This gem belongs to member AndyF. He requested that I upgrade the light engine a bit.

The host.

The factory pill was small and used a 15mm driver which he said he did not like, and neither do I so the old pill was replaced with a spacer.

With that done its time for a new engine. A copper pill and mcpcb.

Some 3D tint XPLs

And shazam, were all ready to play!

I thought it best to keep the contenders in this shootout in the same class. For those of you who are not aware the Aleph head is actually e series compatible.

So, what to compare to?

On the Left we have a factory Surefire L1. In the center Fivemega incan. And on the right Tri Aleph.

L1

FM

Tri-A

In total the Tri-Aleph is boasting 1700+ OTF lumens ( not bad for an e-series huh). When I used the equivalent of a zero resistance tail cap on it, the output rocketed up a few hundred more from there too.

Thanks for watching:popcorn:

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Wow, nice build .... That heatsink and battery contact is ridiculously awesome (!)

Is that single mode ?

What voltage, and battery(s) ?

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice. can you make more for the same 38mm head?

Ya, I would consider a run if there is interest.

Wow, nice build .... That heatsink and battery contact is ridiculously awesome (!)

Is that single mode ?

What voltage, and battery(s) ?

It has DrJones guppy2drv for the UI. 24 groups, but currently set to 2 mode.

Its a single cell organism. One 18650.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Also interested. I have some TB Aleph-3 tribute heads in Ti that would look great with these.

2 questions:-

1) the module presumably drops in from the top of the head and then screws down until tight?

2) is there an o-ring seal under the glass window?

Dirty wage guy

Enlightened
I'm definitely in for one! Also, would this work in a Makai head? If so, I'd be interested in two please!
Thank you Sir!

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang....speechless.

This makes me want to locate some Aleph 3 heads....lol

amazing work as always!!!!

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, here is where we are at with this. I have finally caught up enough on light building that I have time to consider new projects. If someone in the USA would be willing to loan me their aleph I will take another look at this to see if a production run is possible ( no promises yet).

If you have an unmodified aleph head and body you would be willing to loan me and your in the US please just let me know and I will get rolling on this.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome. Thaks Andy and Dirty wage guy. I have sent PM to Andy, if he has all the parts I need I will borrow his. If not I will shoot you a PM DWG.

easilyled. Yes, I think that thy would increase the range a bit. There are a few obstacles I will need to clear before committing to a run of these, but if we do it I will check and see how various emitters work and get some numbers posted.