Pocketable MT-G2 lights

Camo5

Newly Enlightened
Looking to the future of EDC for myself, what are the light options for a pocketable light using the MT-G2 emitter?
I know about the Acebeam H10 and the Nitecore P36, but what else is there?

Does anyone have information on how the driver works for a 1x 18/26650 light to up the voltage? Does Vinh or anyone else do lights with these emitters? I would do more digging, But I figured asking you all would be more reliable and faster :3

hoop762

Newly Enlightened
Vinh does mtg2 p60 modules, if a p60 host is what you consider pocketable, then yes!

I have one of his m2500 drop ins. It's awesome. However you won't be able to run it on a single 18650. Need higher voltage. You can run it on a pair of IMR 18350s.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh does mtg2 p60 modules, if a p60 host is what you consider pocketable, then yes!

I have one of his m2500 drop ins. It's awesome. However you won't be able to run it on a single 18650. Need higher voltage. You can run it on a pair of IMR 18350s.
I remember reading somewhere that he is developing a DriverVn Boost driver for this purpose, driving a 6V emitter with a single Li-ion cell...

His current dropin is for 2 cells in series, so if u can use 2 x 18350, it can still be pretty compact.

hoop762

Newly Enlightened
I haven't seen that, but if that is the case it's really exciting.

I have run mine on a pair on 18350s. Output for size is amazing. Mostly I run mine with a pair on 18650s in a solarforce host with extension tube. I wear it on my belt at work. No need for pocketability in that environment.

Camo5

Newly Enlightened
Found this thing on the forums...This size factor and that output are what the future of EDC looks like to me, but as it's a completely custom build, who would do this? (Triple XPL) And is this an even better output compared to the MT-G2?
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-(the-red-one!)-%96-Fantastic-18650-EDC/page2
5kfND8yl.jpg

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
My EDC light beside my Eagletac D25C CR125A is a Fenix PD40 with a MT-G2 running a 26650 battery. This is the smallest running Cree MT-G2 LED light that I have found.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Camp 5, you kinda flipped the script. So MT-G2 doesn't madder as much as forum and output? Just wanted to be clear before I posted my dribble. Also, budget?
Looks like you like a cigar shape 18650 light. Great EDC to me.
Look at the BLF A6 and a Sinner custom Triple and see what you think.

Scourie

Enlightened
I have an Adventure Sports K2, which has a XHP50 LED. A wall of light on max and runs on a pair of 18350 IMR'S.

Rob

AndyF

Flashlight Enthusiast

Camo5

Newly Enlightened
Perhaps I should Have posted this in the recommend me subforum, was trying to just stir up cigar shaped 18650 options available :p

(In response to Str8Stroke, yes)

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps I should Have posted this in the recommend me subforum, was trying to just stir up cigar shaped 18650 options available [emoji14]

(In response to Str8Stroke, yes)
Vinh has his SL2 that is in this shape.
VOB (Adventure Sport) has his own variant as well.

You may wanna check out their offerings.

Camo5

Newly Enlightened
I found it: the light my pocket might not like, but will fit anyway: The CQvn quad XPL. I didn't even know this existed before starting this thread, I thought the MT-G2 was top dog, but it appears there is still this thing. Where can I get something like this now? he sold all those, I want one x.x

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?391120-ALL-SOLD-CQvn-P60-Solid-Copper-P60-Quad

EDIT: Discovered the XHP-35, PM'ed Vinh to make a 4x version in a 18650 tube light...

Last edited:

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found this thing on the forums...This size factor and that output are what the future of EDC looks like to me, but as it's a completely custom build, who would do this? (Triple XPL) And is this an even better output compared to the MT-G2?
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-(the-red-one!)-%96-Fantastic-18650-EDC/page2
5kfND8yl.jpg

Hey, that's my light :) A couple more photos:

uZJXwAT.jpg

lb2Knbd.jpg

That's it laying next to an SC62w on its 0.06lm mode. The crazy-low moonlight is one of the reasons I did this build, along with its awesome turbo, of course.

The light is a 3x XP-L HI, carclo 10507 optics, running MtnElectronics version of the BLF FET+1 driver with TK's firmware. I think its pretty great. If you've got questions I'll try to help. I've got one MT-G2 light, by the way, but its a TN35, so not exactly comparable.

Last edited: