EC4S vs TK35UE 2k ??

BowHunter1

Newly Enlightened
Very interested in these two lights and have been waiting to get in as many reviews as possible now that they are readily available. I just cannot decide which one. I am a fenix owner currently of several models and have never had a single issues with any of them so I am leaning that away. Anyone had the opportunity to handle both of these lights yet?

markr6

Flashaholic
Without having the Fenix, I would still say:

Fenix Pros:
1. Better reputation for quality
2. I like the momentary clicky
3. No parasitic drain issues that I know of

Fenix Cons:
1. Larger than the EC4S
2. 20lm low is a joke

I am currently doing another test on the parasitic drain of my EC4S. I really think it's less than my first test where I was losing .01v/day. I've had it sitting for almost a week now with only .02v loss.

I like the 2lm mode and UI of the EC4S better. And I'm starting to like side switches more lately too.

Tough decision!

BowHunter1

Newly Enlightened
Recently I checked both lights. The Fenix has a cooler tint and the "cross" in the beam's hotspot is more visible.
I still like Fenix, but Nitecore has better UI (IMO) and modes.

Just posted my review on the EC4S: :)

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...0-2x18650-max-2150-lumens-(beam)shots-compare

Awesome review!

There are several things that are distinct to each light that I like which is what is making this so hard.
If they could get married and have a baby I'd be set :)

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I wrote on another thread I bought a Fenix TK35UE (2014) for under $100 and it is still available as of this date; the Cree MT-G2 is, in my view, a better choice of emitter for a two 18650 light. If the need is for more throw in a light, a higher battery configuration would be a better choice.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own the TK35, the TK35EU with the MT-G2 emitter and the Nitecore P36 with the MT-G2 emitter. I've looked at the EC4S and didn't like the way the battery compartment attaches. Also, the battery compartment is a very tight fit, so if you wanted to use some Panasonic wrapped protected cells, you'd have a tight fit.

I like the color of the MT-G2 emitter over the XHP-50, and the cross is pronounced close up to about 30 yards away on light colored objects.

The finish on the Fenix is nicer. The surface being smoother (machined verses cast) takes the surface treatment better.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own the TK35, the TK35EU with the MT-G2 emitter and the Nitecore P36 with the MT-G2 emitter. I've looked at the EC4S and didn't like the way the battery compartment attaches. Also, the battery compartment is a very tight fit, so if you wanted to use some Panasonic wrapped protected cells, you'd have a tight fit.

I like the color of the MT-G2 emitter over the XHP-50, and the cross is pronounced close up to about 30 yards away on light colored objects.

The finish on the Fenix is nicer. The surface being smoother (machined verses cast) takes the surface treatment better.
I totally agree, I have the Nitecore EC4 and the Fenix is a better made light. Hopefully as more people prefer the Cree MT-G2 and Fenix sees a demand for the MT-G2 they will produce the TK35UE with this option. This 2014 Fenix TK35UE is currently still available.

markr6

Flashaholic
I totally agree, I have the Nitecore EC4 and the Fenix is a better made light. Hopefully as more people prefer the Cree MT-G2 and Fenix sees a demand for the MT-G2 they will produce the TK35UE with this option. This 2014 Fenix TK35UE is currently still available.

Nitecore EC4SW is here with the MT-G2.

I'm buying one, or two! the perfect light for me!