What is the difference between the NVSW219BT and the NCSW219BT emitters?

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was doing some research on the NVSW219BT emitter because of a great deal I found on GearBest, and found out there are two different 219BT versions. Does anyone know what the differences are, and the (dis)advantages of each?

TIA

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember the info about the older 219A and just now looked into the newer Nichia's here's my quick take:

First letter N, stands for Nichia
Second letter V, measuments given @700mA and @350mA looks to be more lumens because of higher current 700mA also generally lower Vf than "C"
Second letter C, datasheet measurements given only @350 so looks to be less lumens because of lower current 350mA also generally higher Vf than "V"
Third letter S, stands for single emitter.
Fourth letter W, then temp range for whiter LEDs (5000K -6500K)
Fourth letter L, then temp range for the warmer LEDs (4500K - 2700K)

Btw, none of the above takes into account what level of CRI it has, I guess one would need to ask for more specifics from the seller.

For reference, the much loved older 219A 4500K HCRI it was NVSL.

Last edited:

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Between those two above I would go with the NVSW, for its higher output and lower Vf.
It would be nice to know what bin either is though? Does Gearbest give anymore info on these?

Another option, located in US, is Moutain Electronics, they have the Nichia 219C in 5000K in D280 bin/80CRI for around 3 bucks each.
The 219C is another step up so more brighter and even lower Vf than the 219B.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
The GearBest is actually a penlight. Simple construction, switch on the rear, one 10440 or AAA, with pocket clip, for $7 shipped (using coupon code from dealers forum). I'm getting a couple because they look like they could be nice gift lights.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok thanks for the info. If this is the same smooth stainless steel aaa light I've been reading about at BLF then it looks to be pretty decent.