Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Armytek

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 45 42.5%

• Total voters

led-head

Newly Enlightened
So from value, functionality, durability, reliability, cool factor, warranty/customer service, the whole nine yards. What would you consider to be the best well rounded brand?

Flashlight Enthusiast
agree
zebralight h6xx series headlamps

no extra material. it has the minimum to hold a fat 18650, produce light, multimodes, and does what it says

---
other light would be Veleno Helix Zi. best keychain edc ever. works, cool, small, tough, bright, infinite with qtc
and the qtc in the helix is the new design which works better than the old design on original 38 and 40 dd

oneinthaair

Enlightened
Is there a particular Zebralight model you like the most?

Looks, feel, UI,

The SC52W L2 is what in my pocket now with a 14500 500LM

Waiting on the new SC600 MKIII with new XHP35 LED

Also the SC63 should have the new LED.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry, but I don't understand this poll. You're asking about the best overall flashlight brand available and you include things like Streamlight and Maglite, but you leave off brands like Zebralight, Elzetta, HDS, etc. I foresee a lot of "Other" votes in your future...

markr6

Flashaholic
I'm sorry, but I don't understand this poll. You're asking about the best overall flashlight brand available and you include things like Streamlight and Maglite, but you leave off brands like Zebralight, Elzetta, HDS, etc. I foresee a lot of "Other" votes in your future...

Yeah, we have another thread like this and everyone started mentioning $300 flashlights. So, it didn't make sense for those poor folk like me :)

I'm guessing the OP meant "normal" brands. I know that's a totally gray area, but that's my take.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing the OP meant "normal" brands. I know that's a totally gray area, but that's my take.

Yeah you're probably right but I don't feel like I mentioned any brands that aren't "normal" brands. I mean, I skipped McGizmo, Muyshondt, Hanko, Sinner, etc.... :)

I fully realize that it would be nearly impossible to include every factory-made brand of flashlight on a poll like this, and there's really no reason to. I was really just curious how the OP came up with his list of possible "best" brands, and managed to think Maglite or Streamlight could possibly be it while Zebralight or Elzetta couldn't. Idk...

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ultimately sounds like you do understand it though. And Idk how official any of these poll results are anyway, but vote other, then stir the pot.

Stir the pot!

BugoutBoys

Enlightened
I'm Nitecore all the way. I feel that they have the best overall value. The mode spacing, the battery readout features, of course waterproof, great lumens and build quality. Overall I have not seized to be impressed by all of their lights.

markr6

Flashaholic
Off the top of my head, and using CPF feedback as a starting point, Fenix seems to be at the top. I don't have many of them, but I also don't recall many issues reported here.

Compared to some like Nitecore where just off the top of my head I can recall everything from poor machining, bad heat-sinking tactics, EA4 ballooning switch, high parasitic drain on many models, poor QC in general. That's just what I can remember. And it wasn't just one or two of their lights. I do own some of their stuff, and like them, but certainly have reservations.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I have my preferences for some other lights that aren't on the list I opted not to choose other and pick the best on the list presented.

For me EagleTac always comes out with cool lights that impress with quality and features. Never had to use their warranty so I can't speak to that. Their prices are fair compared with the others so they present a good value. I think the drivers they use in their lights are top notch and they push the LEDs hard yet safely with good heatsinking.

markr6

Flashaholic
While I have my preferences for some other lights that aren't on the list I opted not to choose other and pick the best on the list presented.

For me EagleTac always comes out with cool lights that impress with quality and features. Never had to use their warranty so I can't speak to that. Their prices are fair compared with the others so they present a good value. I think the drivers they use in their lights are top notch and they push the LEDs hard yet safely with good heatsinking.

They're high on my list too. I never had a problem with the twist head UI, but seen lots of complaints. Then again, most of them I use on high 99% of the time and never mess with it. Throwers, not EDC types for me with a lot of mode switching. Quality is always top notch, and customer service is excellent (always the same person but she's great to deal with)

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not all relatively major brands are represented. Pretty decent amount missing.

These never end well. Perhaps if folks just voted for a favorite or saying what a persons "other" brand is rather than bashing brands they didn't vote for would prevent flames and locking.

Of all I own and have used, would have to say Malkoff. Rock solid for me on the road, and customer service second to none. Many great lights out there, many rated just as highly by others, HDS for one, but have never used one so cannot compare them. Which is the other flaw in the poll. Hard to compare lights you have no experience with.

I own 7 of the brands in the poll.

Last edited:

led-head

Newly Enlightened
Given the 10 option maximum, I had no choice but to go with more popular brands. Zebralight and Malkoff have gotten a lot of praise from people, so if it's any consolation for anyone reading that's unaware of these brands, it's probably worth looking into them even though they're not on the poll.

MX421

Enlightened
Zebralight for me as well both the H series and the SC series are all i have so far. The UI is pretty cool as is the layout(s).