Build your perfect light from the best features of other lights you already own!

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened
I have several brands of lights but none of them are what I'd call perfect. What features would you use to build the perfect 18650 light? ... here is what I would combine:

• Sunwayman C20C: Compact body, EDC friendly, anodized finish quality, stainless bezel, anodized threads for lock out, single button operation, low voltage lamp, lanyard and removable clip. Momentary on turbo mode and quick strobe access features from on or off.
  • Fenix PD35TAC: Throw and floody pattern, tint, light spacing and switch. Stepping up pattern.
  • Eagletac D25A L2 clicky: Fire fly modes. Different lumen and frequency levels in SOS and beacon modes.
  • Armytec Prime C2 Pro 10 meter impact & water specs, programmable strobe frequency and magnetic tail cap.

I think that's about it. :) I'm not too picky.

Ok, so what is YOUR perfect light? :touche:

scout24

Flashaholic
I'll be the first, but I'm sure not the last, to request a McGizmo Haiku body with the brains of my HDS Clicky...

BugoutBoys

Enlightened
Nitecore P12 - SIZE, Waterproof, durability, lumens, battery readout, 1" tube, tail clicky, side mode button
Nitecore MH27 - recharge ability with USB, throw, 3 color LEDs

There ya have it!

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
I'll be the first, but I'm sure not the last, to request a McGizmo Haiku body with the brains of my HDS Clicky...
Have you tried the new HiVeLD-S driver for the McGizmo (built by @rush and recently re-released) ?

I just received one of these and have been trying various programming changes.

Not quite as many options as HDS, but still quite flexible [emoji106]

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
the potted electronics of the ZL SC600
Thermal regulation
the superior lens and glare coat from any Armytek
waterproof with the flap open mini USB recharging system
XPL-HI
IP68 rated like Armyteks
The size of the ET TX25C2
The side switch of the ZL SC600
Ability to program modes ala ZL
at least 30k CD
the crazy thick anodization like my Armyteks
deep carry clip
all 3 blinky modes/low voltage warning/voltage readout under the switch like a P12
high quality double stitched nylon MOLLE capable sheath
optional aluminum grip ring
stainless steel crenelated bezel big enough to be useful but short enough that it doesnt interfere with the beam pattern
it must tail stand

gianetics

Enlightened
very simple yet no one builds it.
UI: similar to ZL http://drjones.nerdcamp.net/#mokka must have INSTANT access to high and low. long press for low, click for high.
Body: less than 100 mm. rear clicky.
as durable as an armytek/HDS/surefire/ect.
able to take 16340/18350 and icing on the cake would be 18500.
and the HDS step down so you never run out of usable light.

almost a Zl in an HDS/Novatac skin.

easilyled

Flashaholic
For me, it would probably be the brains of the infinitely varible twisting output of the Sunwayman series, for example the V10R, but in the Ti body of a custom maker like Mirage_Man, with thick walls and a beefy heatsink to handle the full power of an XPL or XPL-Hi for even better throw.

creegeek

Newly Enlightened
For me... the UI and 1000 lumens of the Nitecore MT10A with the body diameter of the MT1A... I think I'm being unreasonable because the up/down switches have to go somewhere....

SO! I would take a MT1A with twist for Turbo, AA or 14500 IMR, 1000 lumens, and 3.5v low voltage cutoff. That would be my ideal EDC light.

UPDATE: The Fenix LD11 is pretty close to my ideal light... but want momentary on with Turbo or user-defined, the LD11 comes on at low every time :-(

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
An 18650 version of my SC5w OP. I believe this is coming in the SC63...fingers crossed!!

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagletac p200LC2: Form factor
Klarus XT1C: User Interface
Olight M2X-UT: XPL HI LED (ok, technically I don't think the M2X uses an XPL HI, but some customized approximation, but I want an XPL HI)
Some light that I don't own yet: micro USB charging port

This would get me my fave style of light: Small enough to carry, big enough for large capacity and runtimes even at high performance levels. Great everyday utility light, but well-tuned for defensive use or as a power outage or earthquake flashlight

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire L1 host/UI
Output level/beam profile of a Surefire P2X Fury
Clip from a EB1

/thread

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I might be there !
My sunwayman v25c, with my sportac tripple xp g2 beam, power of my mmu x3.

Currently taking the driver from the sportac, cutting down the dropin length, droping in and wiring in place of the xml2 very cool led in the v25c.