Penlight with momentary switch

RC-Lights

Newly Enlightened
hello guys,

here is my latest flashlight:

Its a present for my father, he needs a solid flashlight for work. he turns the light up to 300 times a day on and off, so every switch i build in in his lights works only for a few month.

So i decided to build him a light without a switch. If you press the clip, the light will go on and if you release it, the light will go out.

The XP-G R4 nw is powered by a AA Eneloop with a boost driver with 1A single mode.

In the End i colored the light dark green, its the color of his Company.

What do you think ?

Best regards,

Michael

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very Impressive and an excellent gesture to your father. The functional deep pocket clip is actually part of the electrical circuit, closing when in contact with that metal ring? Wow!

Kindly asking what job your father has that requires using a light so many times per day (or night?)

RC-Lights

Newly Enlightened
Hi, thank you :)

My dad is investigator for Cars ( check cars for roadworthy ). I hope you understand, what i mean :crackup:

FLfrk

Newly Enlightened
This is an awesome concept! Are there any other lights with this type of clip activation UI instead of a tail switch or twisting on and off? If you bent the clip so it is touching and kept it in a pocket, the light would come on as soon as you took it out of your pocket.

Oh, and your workmanship is very impressive! This is a light I could see myself purchasing, or attempting to make myself in a few years, once I get equipment and learn how to use it :crackup:

/steve/

Newly Enlightened
I think it would be a good idea to use 2 transistors in darlington configuration to switch the light on and off when you connect the base of the first transistor thru your skin to power. The only problem would be the power loss...
Or you could use a mosfet with some electronics to it.