Olight Throwers - SR95s UT vs. M3xs UT

RCLumens

Enlightened
Greetings - am inquiring to see if anyone on the forums has experience in comparing both of these lights? Obviously
size is different but lux readings seem to be close if not identical, but are beam profiles & output the same? Since the SR95s UT
is the larger would it hold the higher lumens longer and straight - does the M3X only last on high for several minutes type of thing?

Any real-world experience definitely appreciated.

Cheers,
RC

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've owned the SR95sUT and a Olight M2X-UT not the M3.

The SR95sUT could stay on 1250 lumens for close to 15 minutes before getting warm enough that you needed to step down to a lower level.

The M2X-UT could only stay on turbo a few minutes before getting HOT.

They're two totally separate lights. The M2/M3 you can carry in the holster on your hip, the SR95sUT is sling carry only.

Olightworld has the best pricing for the SR95sUT. When I was last on their website, the light was $349 and free ship. Most other dealers charge $449. Neither Illumn and Batteryjunction stock the SR95sUT.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
SR95sUT is big and heavy. I bought it to the CPF meet ages ago. It's a nice cool white.

M3X UT slightly green tint. I think the newer ones will be using real XP-L HI V3 6500k? I haven't seen this. Buy this its smaller & lighter.

RCLumens

Enlightened
Greetings, and thank you all for the feedback! I have the sr95s ut and an m2x ut. Will try to get some beam shots out of those two. Just wondering if i should hold on to the sr95 or sell, since i don't use it all that much. It seems quite a bit brighter than the m2x, obviously a lot larger as well. It's an awesome looking light as well. .

Throwjunkie

Enlightened
I have all tree lights mentioned comparing the SR95s UT to the M3Xs UT though the biggest difference is the tint with the SR95 being a lot cooler the yellowish tint that the M3X has doesn't bother me but I wish it were cooler tint as far as beam I like the SR a little more the column of light is obviously larger with such a large head over the M3X the M3X will has same throw distance as the SR on paper but its tint IMO hinders Identity of objects at a distance. I wont be on my property till spring but when I go Ill do some beam shots to show you what I mean and post them here. I do like the M3X for its size its a dynamo and easily carried over the SR but I never minded carrying the SR with the neck strap its a non issue. I wouldn't give up my SR no matter what I love the light that much. I do still use it quite often.

Last edited:

RCLumens

Enlightened
Hey there Throwjunkie - thanks for the awesome feedback - definitely appreciate it. Yeah it's quite a beast and obviously the go to for investigating anything at distance. have that weight as a standby club - not that I ever want to go there - but there is something to be said about the "intimidator-ness" of it... Mine seems considerably brighter compared to the M2x as well - would love to beleive It's more than the rated lumens because it does seem it to me. (and I'm guaging the spill, not the hot spot from 50 ft away...) Mine also has the newer blue O'ring in the bezel so I'd love to think that they boosted the curcuit while they had the thing opened up.