10 Ultra Thrower Comparison Video

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great video. Thanks for sharing!

Don't mention it.
That Acebeam K60 beam is by far my favorite. If only that kind of beam can also put out over 200k CD. That'd be something!
If the tester's measurement for the Nitecore TM36's lux is correct, there must be some disappointed and pissed off TM36 owners out there.

RemcoM

Enlightened
Don't mention it.
That Acebeam K60 beam is by far my favorite. If only that kind of beam can also put out over 200k CD. That'd be something!
If the tester's measurement for the Nitecore TM36's lux is correct, there must be some disappointed and pissed off TM36 owners out there.

Yes, there are some well underpowered lights out there, turned on, yesterday, my Olight m3X UT, wich should be 250 kcD, but comes nowhere, in that range....its not noticeable brighter than the M2X UT,

Turned on my M3X UT, when a car...Renault Scenic...2007..turned on his HIGHbeams.....but the highbEams, of the Renault Scenic, were still more intense.....reached easily 1 kilometer, while my M3X UT, which should reach 1 kilometer, cannot even reach 600 meters.

So, M3X, is for me, a total worthless light........nice, but nothing more....no difference....almost no difference, with the M2X.....difference between high/turbo, with the M3X, is much too less...almost not noticeable.

And i am affraid, that even my most intense light, the TM36, of nitecore, CANNOT outgrow a simple/or strong carhighbeam!

Im sorry, but this bothers me too much.

How much kcD, do i really need, to shine farther than all carhighbeams..even the most intense/strongest ones?

And believe me, the car headlights/highbeamS, are only getting more and more intense/stronger, nowadays.

Maybe the TK61vn newest edition, with 730 kcD...REAL kcD?

Or a Sanmak...or Lemax LE 70 HID pure monsterthrower, with 3 thousand kcD.......3000 kcD....3000000 cD?

That is what i want...maybe then, you outgrow ALL carhighbeams..and even airplane headlights.

But sadly enough, i cannot order this fantastic lights, muuuuch too expensive.

So, i wait, and hope for a Ledflashlight, that have 1000 kcD....i think, from 1000 kcD, on, it will start to be interesting/serious stuff!

All lights BELOW the 1000 kcD level, doing nothing for me.

So, here i am...dissapointed, with the possible idea, that even my TM36, cannot win , of carhighbeams.

Ok, i stop talking about highbeAms......but is here somebody on the forum, who have compared his TM36, against highbeAms, of a car?

Last edited:

stfc69

Newly Enlightened
Must not bite!

Sorry but I can't resist, what exactly are you wanting to see at over 1000 metres away? And how can you keep comparing a handheld flashlight with a much larger car headlight?

You want something out of the ordinary but you aren't prepared to pay for it!

And breathe..... :)

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, there are some well underpowered lights out there, turned on, yesterday, my Olight m3X UT, wich should be 250 kcD, but comes nowhere, in that range....its not noticeable brighter than the M2X UT,

Turned on my M3X UT, when a car...Renault Scenic...2007..turned on his HIGHbeams.....but the highbEams, of the Renault Scenic, were still more intense.....reached easily 1 kilometer, while my M3X UT, which should reach 1 kilometer, cannot even reach 600 meters.

So, M3X, is for me, a total worthless light........nice, but nothing more....no difference....almost no difference, with the M2X.....difference between high/turbo, with the M3X, is much too less...almost not noticeable.

And i am affraid, that even my most intense light, the TM36, of nitecore, CANNOT outgrow a simple/or strong carhighbeam!

Im sorry, but this bothers me too much.

How much kcD, do i really need, to shine farther than all carhighbeams..even the most intense/strongest ones?

And believe me, the car headlights/highbeamS, are only getting more and more intense/stronger, nowadays.

Maybe the TK61vn newest edition, with 730 kcD...REAL kcD?

Or a Sanmak...or Lemax LE 70 HID pure monsterthrower, with 3 thousand kcD.......3000 kcD....3000000 cD?

That is what i want...maybe then, you outgrow ALL carhighbeams..and even airplane headlights.

But sadly enough, i cannot order this fantastic lights, muuuuch too expensive.

So, i wait, and hope for a Ledflashlight, that have 1000 kcD....i think, from 1000 kcD, on, it will start to be interesting/serious stuff!

All lights BELOW the 1000 kcD level, doing nothing for me.

So, here i am...dissapointed, with the possible idea, that even my TM36, cannot win , of carhighbeams.

Ok, i stop talking about highbeAms......but is here somebody on the forum, who have compared his TM36, against highbeAms, of a car?

car high beams are not that throwy lol. If your high beams are shining farther then your tm36 then ether your tm36 is defective or you have none standard highbeams. Every light i have thats over 200kcd blows away my hightbeams in throw and my hightbeams are pretty good. I have a k50vnv3 that does 500-600kcd and 2300 lumens and i can hit things 3/4 mile away. car highbeams are not going to do that.

Summer Heat

Newly Enlightened
Don't mention it.

I have an Acebeam K60 that has been dedomed by Vinh Nguyen. He still sells the K60vn on his website for an affordable price. I think its lux measurement has been determined by another CPF member to be about 230k CD. It is certainly an upgrade compared to the stock K60 that is well worth it in my opinion.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an Acebeam K60 that has been dedomed by Vinh Nguyen. He still sells the K60vn on his website for an affordable price. I think its lux measurement has been determined by another CPF member to be about 230k CD. It is certainly an upgrade compared to the stock K60 that is well worth it in my opinion.

But after dedoming, doesn't one lose the original big fat beam?

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remcom, in general, between 2 lights, it takes a difference of MORE than twice the measured CD between them for one to SEE a definite difference.

Based on your post history, I'd guess for you, that difference needs to be 4 times.

As for Manufacturer's CD and distance rating, HA!, even if they are accurate, it just means 0.25 lux is put ON target at the specified throw distance. 0.25 lux, to you is definitely nothing. How much of that 0.25 lux at 1 km actually makes it back to your eyes, well, that's another matter.

I think only a measured 10 million CD light will begin to satisfy you in the beginning. No kidding, that puts 10 lux on target @ 1 km. A practical handheld light that can do that, well, don't hold your breath. It's time to curb your expectations, man.

Just for fun, check out the Nightsun system, among others, from spectrolab.com

Summer Heat

Newly Enlightened

The dedomed beam has a very large filled hotspot that throws pretty far and is generously wide enough for up close usage. The best part about the dedoming is that it removes the donuthole effect (which is very noticeable) from the stock beam pattern. The color temperature changes to about 5000K from about 6000K.

I had two Acebeam K60 dedomed and I have to say, the improvement in both lights was phenomenal.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remco likes to compare hand held flashlights to either aircraft landing lights or car high beams. Different tools for different jobs.

A couple of weeks ago, he was giving praise to his TM36 for it being higher rated than Nitecore advertised 310kcd.

I don't expect my lights to compare to headlamps, two different uses.

If I need to pin point something a long way off, my MaxaBeam or Nighthunter are my go to lights. Need to identify something 400-500 yards away? Then the TM36 or the TK75vnKT are my lights of choice.

If I want to light up a field 200-400 yards away with bulk light, then the Surefire Hellfighter is the tool for the job.

Anything within 200 yards or so, the LD75C, TM15, TM26 all put plenty of lumens on target.

ven

Flashaholic

I would say its the "nicest"(what ever that means :laughing: ) beam i have! . By that, large very bright hot spot with a cool beam(not cool as in CW but closer to 5000k than 6000k if makes sense). No artifacts or pedals around the outside that are associated with many multi led/reflector type lights.
The spill from the large deep reflector is bright and plenty of it, enough throw for most people, yet usable other than spotting things 100's of metres away.

This with the control ring UI(granted not for everyone) for me makes it a pretty awesome all round light.

:)

Awesome vid, thanks for sharing

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
One thing that the reviewer did state that I could understand is/was that he really liked the TM36 light.

If you noticed in the video towards the end, while talking about one of the lights reviewed, he didn't put the TM36 down.

I also was somewhat amazed at the list price for the lights in Germany verses the US price. You will go broke a lot faster there than here.

kj2

Flashaholic
I also was somewhat amazed at the list price for the lights in Germany verses the US price. You will go broke a lot faster there than here.
Don't tell me about it. I compare a lot, and 99% of the time, it's (way) cheaper in the US.

albino

Newly Enlightened
Anyone that speaks German want to translate the summary? :)

After the "butterflies"

Witch one is now the one "supertrower"?
i tend to the nitecore tm36 lite
why?
also, from the trow she is at the same level as the olight 95s ut
we showed/saw that at the sculpture and at the closer butterfly the nitecore was a hint brighter
at the distance-shot (tower) we can not say, wich was brighter (may be a hint more light for the olight - but were not shure)
the nitecore has his biggest advantages in the "features" - it has .......... more compact an lighter (still little more than 2 pounds) and she is "head-havy" (she little out of balance - heavier in front depending how she is holden)
still a fantastic light, and she has lower modes wich are usefull (the nitecore is the most/highest technological torch)
the closest competitor, i would say: the eagtec mx25 l4 - he compares it with a iphone (wich he obesely likes) she has great feeling to the touch - great matrialthickness, great overall, skinnier and lighter than the nitecore (not head-heavy) the eagtac dos not come up to the nitecores beam-strenght - the eagtec is not as expensive (he like it - great to have it in the hand)
than he mentioned the firefoxes with hid - the lamp needs 30 sec. to ramp up the light, color-problems will not be liked by all, we had "contact-problems" (accu-holder?) - she is not "reliable", only 5000h hid-life, positive: compact - extremely bright, not to expensive, if you use the light for photography or filming we would not recommend it. for those who just want to have fun with a "light-sword" they will have a lot of fun with it.
(at 26:46) the acebeam k40s: is a lot more "usefull-sized" and costs only 1/4 of the nitecore, ...... she has a warm tint, she's only a lite bit lower in beamstrenght than the nitecore, the acebeam k60 he say's it is an very interesting "allrounder" - good trow but also good spill - to me, this is maybe even the most interesting light in this review. for people that like to have a very usefull lamp.

sorry for grammar - stay bright :)

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
Thank you albino for the translation. I would like to see in a future video the K50-70v3 instead the K60. I think, according to the specs, this is the stock number one thrower for now with a good usable spill at a reasonable price. I'm looking forward to the reviews.

Last edited: