92150 snap on flashlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

whyme

Newly Enlightened
how do you take apart the 92150 flashlight to replace the battery's?

whyme

Newly Enlightened
that is the normal way, but i do not think the( Snap On) 92150 flashlight works that way..the only thing i have not used is a pipe wrench on the tail cap....any other idea's?

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
that is the normal way, but i do not think the( Snap On) 92150 flashlight works that way..the only thing i have not used is a pipe wrench on the tail cap....any other idea's?

Ask the Snap-On rep next time you see him.

whyme

Newly Enlightened
great web site, thank you for the great help, oh, by the way mcnair55, i do feel sorry for you :welcome:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast

Strange. Maybe its just really tight? Here is a few pics of the 3D version of that light and it shows the tail cap and head thread off.

SnapOn006Small.jpg

SnapOn010Small.jpg

SnapOn011Small.jpg

SnapOn012Small.jpg

SnapOn013Small.jpg

SnapOn015Small.jpg

Like mcnair said, you can ask your rep to take it apart the next time he comes to your shop if you cant figure it out:thumbsup:

Last edited:

whyme

Newly Enlightened
thank you for the picture's....i am trying to be real careful with it...i do not what to damage it...i have a vice and the tools to do the job ,but just want to be careful...thank you ,again.......... retired and not close to a Snap On dealer.............i will get it..never give up

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Prior to torquing away at it with a pipe wrench and a 10 foot cheater pipe, I suggest soaking the tail section in a solution of Liquid Wrench Penetrating oil overnight. Then using some rubber strap wrenches go to town. If that bring you joy, all bets are off. lol Welcome to the forum.

whyme

Newly Enlightened
ask a Snap On rep?...come on man, please...why would i be here if all i have to do is, ask a rep

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
ask a Snap On rep?...come on man, please...why would i be here if all i have to do is, ask a rep

Because in the UK the Snap-On rep would get it off for you as post states you are having trouble.In the UK Snap On have a lifetime warranty so if he breaks it he replaces it,quite simple really.But as there is a large amount of water between the US&A and here in the UK the rules may be different.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Let me get this straight whyme....you start out posting this request in the wrong place, then get uppity with a moderator, then get smarty with a tenured member because you cannot figure out how to swap batteries in a flashlight?... WOW!

You have a mighty bright future there, uh fella.

Same rules apply in the US McNair. Lifetime no questions asked warranty....unless op left batteries in it that leaked. Even then the rep may swap it out out of his own pocket.. that is unless he uses the same ill manners with the Snap On guy.

Last edited:

whyme

Newly Enlightened
yes , yes and yes....to all of your questions....the first yes is on me....the next two yes's ,,,,i did not start , just followed up on the answer's....see, i knew i would be of some help to someone

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let me get this straight whyme....you start out posting this request in the wrong place, then get uppity with a moderator, then get smarty with a tenured member because you cannot figure out how to swap batteries in a flashlight?... WOW!

You have a mighty bright future there, uh fella.

Same rules apply in the US McNair. Lifetime no questions asked warranty....unless op left batteries in it that leaked. Even then the rep may swap it out out of his own pocket.. that is unless he uses the same ill manners with the Snap On guy.

You are the one with the ill manners. There is no need to be mean man. Mcnairs first response did come off as a bit short and the OP wasnt exactly rude with his response. Remember that it is easy to mistake someones intention/inflection/mood in text. You are not really helping in this thread so if you have nothing nice to say or contribute why dont you just not post.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Beg to differ tachead.

McNair made a resonable suggestion. Nothing crass or rude about it.

Aaaaaand, this is not the first place op did not appreciate a reasonable suggestion.
Look around. You'll see.

My comment was to corral young op before things get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.