Surefire peacekeeper vs Surefire EB2

GODOFWAR

Banned
Please help me to decide which one I should buy. Does anybody has them both and make a beams shots and the tint between them I want to buy only one of them I like the EB2 tan cuz it's slick and beautiful flashlight but it uses only cr123a and If want a rechargable batteries I have to buy lfp 3.2 volts and their charger too so I started to think of the peacekeeper cuz It's uses the cr123a and 18650 which is cool but it is very ugly and big to have it in my pocket and also the EB2 has a green tint which I don't like so please if anyone has them both could u make a video compression between them and also upload some pics of them I have searched the web and could not find such a video so please help me If you can

Cityus

Newly Enlightened
I don't own either of those, but I do own a G2X pro and a EB1, one thing you have to decide is what kind of beam profile you're looking for, the EB1/2 both have TIR optics rather than a standard reflector which gives the ability to throw light much further and collimate the light, the peace keeper like the G2X has a standard reflector which would allow it to be more floody of a beam.

Have you had experience with primary CR123 batteries? comparing run-times can be very misleading - 2 hours of run time is a long time if you're only using the lights momentarily. check out flashlightguide they have some great in depth reviews of Surefire lights, Im nearly positive he will have beam shots for you to compare.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
The main advantage of the EB2 is on its slim profile, other than that, the P1R is better for guilt-free lumens... Another difference is the EB2 will throw better because of its TIR optics. The P1R however has a good mix between throw and spill. Let us know what you end up!

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EB2 uses the Osram Oslon square emitter, which tends to have a greenish tint. The 500lm output only lasts for a couple of minutes, and will throttle down to about 300lm to prevent overheating. The P1R peacekeeper uses the Cree XM-L2 which generally has a better tint.

The Peacekeeper is clearly the better choice for prolonged use but EB2 may be better for travelling and EDC due to its smaller size and lighter weight.

Hudson456

Newly Enlightened
For me this is a no-brainer. P1R all the way due to 18650 rechargeable battery option.

Since the EB2 / ED2 don't operate correctly on a 16650 you are forced into primary cells. And we should be past that in 2016.

If you want an EB2-sized light with 16650 support look into Malkoff MDC series.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peacekeeper. Also I have never found an information source that say what emitters are in any of the Surefire models where does one find this out I would be pretty interested.

Inebriated

Newly Enlightened
If you're going to carry it, the EB2 is going to be the more comfortable option.

I don't know if you've got an E series light and one of the more standard 2xCR123-sized Surefires, but the size difference is substantial in the pocket.

Green tint or not, if the EB2 puts out the same type of beam as the 500 lumen TIR lens M600 Scout, you'll likely be very pleased.