Niteye and Jetbeam confusion?

kodeyv

Newly Enlightened
It seems as though niteye and jetbeam have the same exact product sometimes for sale (including the limited edition ones). For example, the jetbeam tcr20 is released under jetbeam and niteye, yet production is only limited to 500? Does this mean jetbeam does 500 and niteye does 500? Is one of higher quality than the other for specific models? Is one known to be like a better brand etc? Thanks for any help I can get on this issue.

kodeyv

Newly Enlightened
P.s I know they are owned by the same brand, but in cases where that happens, one is of higher quality (etc. Snapon and Bluepoint)

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
from what I have gathered the new Jetbeam/Niteye models that are the same light just with different name brands on them seem to be basically budget lower quality Jetbeams. I avoid them as I have yet to read anything good about them from those that buy them and post their experiences with them. They are very cheap especially for what the specs for them claim they are capable of. So it seems Jetbeam is looking to raise profits by introducing a bunch of budget models which will likely work for them. Most Jetbeams are out of date designs that are in need of a redesign. RRT-0 and the rest of the RRT's need a serious design overhaul they have been the same for years. SRA40 is an awesome light but still needs a clean sheet redesign so it comes out weighing less etc. 3M Pro I believe is currently the best light they make. The WL-S1 and S2 lights are just strange. Had the XP-L WL-S1(?)the one with the small head and it was a damn good light but was way to long. It had more threads on the battery tube than any other light I have ever had for some reason. Blows that the current RRT-0SE utilizes cheap PWM instead of current control I almost bought one till I found out it uses PWM.

Danielsan

Enlightened
Its the same company but jetbeam labeled lights are not allowed to be imported to some european countries, including germany. Thats why they sell many jetbeam models under the niteye label. I think there was a patent problem with sysmax, because sysmax owned jetbeam and nitecore in the past, not anymore. Sysmax still holts the jetbeam patents for europe and thats why jetbeam cant be sold in europe, only under niteye label. Sysmax only owns nitecore now while niteye owns jetbeam. Both niteye and jetbeam lights come from the same factory, in fact they are often the same lights. The only difference is that sysmax developed and designed the old jetbeams lights in the past, now its niteye. Some say the innovation and quality went down because sysmax dont design and develop the lights anymore, the factory is still the same. Jetbeam is a relative young label (2011).