For Those Who Know

knotgoofy

Newly Enlightened
Have any of you guys used cash control bags or coin storage bags? I'm not talking about purses or wallets, they're literally "bags".

For those of you that have an idea on what this is, I wanted to see if you can recommend a vendor that sells reliable, sturdy ones that don't easily tear up, probably reusable and most of all secure.

P.S: Tried the ones on Amazon and they're no good (IMOO)

knotgoofy

Newly Enlightened
I would go to the source and ask your bank about acquiring one!!

Thanks for the tip, smokinbasser. Would that be better compared to browsing the numerous listings online? I found a few sites selling cash bags but haven't found reviews from their customers. I'm also interested in getting coin bags and there are tons of suppliers listed on google's SERPs just like AMPAC and Envopak but then again, no user reviews.

Do all banks share the same "policy" when it comes to storage bags or no? Thanks in advance.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Banks or the companies who carry the money to and from vaults would know.

Some may use a differing brand than others but they'll certainly all be using "the good stuff"...

But it's probably not something widely discussed on the internet for security reasons.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
These used to be more common, but now they are not as widely used, so it is difficult to find good ones.

Some ideas:
- Find a local person or shop, such as car seat or upholstery shop and have them make some for you. They have the experience and equipment for those heavy duty fabrics / leather.
- I have actually had some luck with high end camping equipment that has rip stop nylon bags, but they don't lock, so more for individual use.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back when i worked retail, banks would provide businesses with them for the end of day deposits to be left in the night drop box.
Starting with your bank seems logical, though you haven't disclosed your intended use for them.

Edit: Also, this is a poorly titled thread. "For those who know" is ambiguous and reads like click bait.