Niwalker MM18 II with XHP70 - any reviews/experiences? (Photos Update)

Bruno28

Enlightened
Does anyone own a Niwalker MM18 II with XHP70?

Ive been trying to look for some information online, but apparently there isn't any review on this light. Sounds pretty impressive with 8200lm on a mix of floor and throw.

If you do won one, could you provide any beam shots and experience compared to some other lights.

I do have a MM15 and thats so much light, curious as to how much more the MM18 is.

Last edited:

Bruno28

Enlightened
Re: Niwalker MM18 II with XHP70 - any reviews/experiences?

I have on its way, since no one has any review or experience with it. This should be fun :)

Lateck

Newly Enlightened

Bruno28, let us know your thoughts after you use it.
I'm personally looking for a good flood/thrower combo light. (I don't want to carry 2 lights).

Lateck,

Bruno28

Enlightened

Thanks for that.
But that's still the 7200lumen. The latest is 8200lm [emoji14]

Lateck

Newly Enlightened

I have on its way, since no one has any review or experience with it. This should be fun :)

Any updates? Have you received the MM18II?

I am very interested in this light. Thanks in advance for any help.

Lateck,

Bruno28

Enlightened

It arrived today. But I'm at work. So won't get to see it until I get home. Missed the delivery by 5 mins. Also got the mm15mb. So should be able to compare.

Skeeterg

Enlightened

I love the first version MM18,so I bet the second one can only be better. Looking forward to the short review.

Saltwaterservr

Newly Enlightened

I just stumbled across the Niwalker brand a few minutes ago and was searching for this exact model for a review. Looking forward seeing how you like it.

Bruno28

Enlightened

So a quick review. Haven't played with it much.
So the flood xhp70 is veryyyyy floody. Maybe feels even more floody than the mm15. So brightness between the two seem similar. The throw reflector does do a really good job. It's almost exactly the throw of my niwalker c26. So I would say the mm18 II is a combination of the mm15mb plus the C26 in one body. I like it. It's good to know I have all this lumens in hand. And it's an efficient driver that at lowest output will last me almost 15 days.
Once I get my new batteries I'll try to compare the mm18 II vs mm15, mm15mb, TM6 and the Convoy L6.
And the throw of the mm18 II with the C26.

Last edited:

Lateck

Newly Enlightened

Bruno, Thank You, for the information. I'll be keeping an eye out for your follow up.
You are being very helpful.

Lateck,

pinhead

Newly Enlightened

As I heard from my dealer, the MM18II is sold out now. A new version is expected at end of 2016.

Bruno28

Enlightened

Really? What will the new one have?

Saltwaterservr

Newly Enlightened

Just got mine in an hour ago. Charging batteries to run her once the sun goes down. The low-voltage drain works great, turned the beams off when I put them into turbo. Clicked the twin flood emitters onto turbo by accident while sort of facing me. Bad idea. There's a lot of light coming out of her.

Lateck

Newly Enlightened

I too received mine today or I think I did. Is there any specific markings that says "MM18II " on the light?
I ordered mine through Amazon and it was shipped via Andrew and Amanda. But I received it without a box. Just the light in it's pouch along with the accessories. The owners manual seems to be a photo copy, not very professional. I am wondering if it might be the MM18, 1st gen.
I have not had a chance to put batteries in, yet.
Any thoughts fellow Niwalker owners?

Lateck,

Saltwaterservr

Newly Enlightened

I too received mine today or I think I did. Is there any specific markings that says "MM18II " on the light?
I ordered mine through Amazon and it was shipped via Andrew and Amanda. But I received it without a box. Just the light in it's pouch along with the accessories. The owners manual seems to be a photo copy, not very professional. I am wondering if it might be the MM18, 1st gen.
I have not had a chance to put batteries in, yet.
Any thoughts fellow Niwalker owners?

Lateck,

That's exactly how mine came too. No box, all the accessories, photocopied owners manual. I can't see any markings on the Niwalker website on their stock photos to see if there is anything to distinguish gen 1 versus gen II.

Someone here did a review of the prototypes and they didn't mention any box either. Only the case like ours came in.

Lateck

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Saltwaterservr.
Lets see what others say. I did see Selfbuilt's review.

Lateck,

Bruno28

Enlightened

They come without a box. It's just a pouch. Probably to keep the cost down.
Mine says mm18 only too. Only way to know if it's the version 2 is by looking at the flood led. If it's xhp70 then it's version two.