Got my Olight R50 Seeker today!

DMS1970

Enlightened
I'm not a technical reviewer. These are my impressions:

Well, I'm impressed. The light is exquisite. The finish is more of a matte finish than my other olights. The fit and finish just oozes quality. It is compact, yet has a nice heft to it. The light came with the blue bezel, packaged in a very nice box with a charging cable, wall adapter, manual and lanyard. The UI is typical Olight with memory. After 10 minutes the light comes on in medium mode, with single click. Double click for turbo. Press and hold for 1 second for low (5 lumens, not a moonlight). Only the proprietary battery (26650 4500mah) can be charged in the light. Any battery?? can be used to run the light.

image.jpg
R to L ZL SC63 cool white, Armytek V3 2300 cool white, Olight S2, Olight S35 baton, Olight R50 Seeker

Again, I'm not a tech guy. I did some quick screen shots of the posted lights on max. Pics taken on my garage ceiling at about 12 feet. Holding iPad in 1 hand and flashlight in the other Lol

image.jpg
ZL SC63 cool white turbo

image.jpg
Armytek V3 XHP50 cool white 2300 lumens

image.jpg
Olight S2 turbo 950 lumens

Last edited:

DMS1970

Enlightened
image.jpg
Olight S35 baton 380 lumens?

image.jpg
R50 seeker. The color does not look green in person, I think the addional light from the ceiling bounce was causing overexposure.

Also, not sure how to embed my pics as opposed to links showing up...

Last edited:

saypat

Enlightened
love the beamshot of the Armtek. I should have bought one of those.

markr6

Flashaholic
Looks like a great light. I'm still not clear on the UI. Would it be like my Olight S10? I don't like having to hold the button down to cycle because it is SOOOO SLOW.

I still want a 26650 Zebralight, badly!!

Last edited:

DMS1970

Enlightened
Looks like a great light. I'm still not clear on the UI. Would it be like my Olight S10? I don't like having to hold the button down to cycle because it is SOOOO SLOW.

I still want a 26650 Zebralight, badly!!

Yeah, I bet ZL could put out 2000+ lumens in a smaller package and do it well. I know the guys like throw, but I'd be interested in a more compact TIR version of the R50 for flood too...

I don't have an s10, and my olight S1 is the newer without memory.

This light has last mode (except turbo) memory for 10 minutes, then comes on MEDIUM level each time.

Still 2 clicks to start on TURBO

Still 1 long press to start on LOW (5 lumens, not moonlight)

Still 3 clicks to STROBE from off.

Also to note:

Push and hold for 3 or 5 seconds to activate lockout. if you try and turn the light on while it is locked out, the switch glows red (cool).

The beamshot I shared had the light charging for 1.5 hours before that. I plugged it in afterwards and it charged for another hour at least, and certainly was noticeably brighter! I used the USB, I wanted to pop the battery in my charger and see what it was charged to. I also have an older *fire battery that says 5000mah, not sure what it really does, I tried it and it did not seem any brighter.