Olight S30R II: strange issue?

bassthumper

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,
I have an S30R II that's not quite acting like it used to, and I was wondering if anybody else might have a similar problem, or have suggestions for a fix.

When I hold the power button down from OFF, it should go to moonlight mode, but seems to go straight to low instead. If I then hold the button again, to cycle to the next mode, it goes to a slightly dimmer mode. Holding again, it seems to then cycle low, med, hi.
Now, if I double click for turbo, it seems to get only SLIGHTLY brighter than hi mode, and not nearly as bright as it seems it used to.

The light has recently been charged, so that's not the issue. I also put in 2 cr123 batteries and the modes responded similarly.

I've also disassembled the tailcap, cleaned and reassembled. No change.

Any ideas??

bassthumper

Newly Enlightened
Look like low battery.
Try take the battery out of the light and recharge it in the charger.

I've already made sure the battery was fully charged. My multimeter reads 4.2 volts, and I've also substituted 2 new CR123 batteries with the same result.
Battery/power to the light does not seem to be a factor.

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're right, my light act same like yours.
So, I put the high drain 30 Amp 18650 in the light, now high and turbo are different.

bassthumper

Newly Enlightened
Well, the only thing I know is that it's not working like it used to. I decided to go ahead and send it in.
I almost bought another just to not be without, as it is my favorite light and used EXTENSIVELY on a daily basis.
My other lights, while good, just don't seem to do the job quite as well.

Lateck

Newly Enlightened
BT, sorry to read about your problem. I have a newer S30R ll ( 6 months old) also and have not had any issues.
I have only been using the native battery and charge it maybe once a week.
Hope Olight takes care of you, they did for me on a bad charger.

Lateck,

bassthumper

Newly Enlightened
I've dealt with their customer service before, as I bought the first version of this light shortly after it came out. After a few months of daily use, it stopped charging, which I found out was due to a faulty tail cap design.

I sent it in and received a repaired light, which stopped working again within a month or two.

Ultimately, they redesigned the light and sent me this version brand new in the package, free of charge (along with anyone else who needed the original replaced due to the design issue).

That really impressed me about the company as a whole, and up until now, the redesign has been perfect.

I've looked at other lights, but none seem to fit my needs quite like this one.
Hopefully they can repair this one and it lasts for a good while.

Olightworld

Enlightened
Hello,

We appreciate you explaining what is going on with your light. Can you send me your RMA number and I can see if the light has been sent back to you already? Thanks for your help.

I've dealt with their customer service before, as I bought the first version of this light shortly after it came out. After a few months of daily use, it stopped charging, which I found out was due to a faulty tail cap design.

I sent it in and received a repaired light, which stopped working again within a month or two.

Ultimately, they redesigned the light and sent me this version brand new in the package, free of charge (along with anyone else who needed the original replaced due to the design issue).

That really impressed me about the company as a whole, and up until now, the redesign has been perfect.

I've looked at other lights, but none seem to fit my needs quite like this one.
Hopefully they can repair this one and it lasts for a good while.

bassthumper

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

We appreciate you explaining what is going on with your light. Can you send me your RMA number and I can see if the light has been sent back to you already? Thanks for your help.

Pm sent. I appreciate your follow up.

bassthumper

Newly Enlightened
Update: I received a package back from Olight today, which is VERY impressive, considering I only just sent my light in last week.
What impressed/surprised me even more was that inside was a brand new s30r II to replace my light.

When a company stands behind their products and customers in such a way, they've pretty much gained me as a customer for good.

Thanks again Olight!

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI, I don't have scientific data to back this up, just input from a few friends who like me, bought both aluminum and titanium models(no charger on he TI). Not one of the Titanium has ever had a problem...
Olight customer service has always been great to work with in my experience...