Anybody try the 4 LED walmart D cell light?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't remember if it was a Garrity or Brinkmann but it is a 2D model and has four LEDs but each one has a little magnifier type bubble centered over the LED on the lens. The cost was $20. I almost bought one just for the heck of it and still might but I wonder if anyone else has.

dda

Newly Enlightened
Yes, It is a bit bulky but puts out a pretty good beam. It may have too tight a beam for some people, but I used it to drive by one night when my alternator quite working. I got almost home before the car quite completely. (drove about an hour at 45 to 50 mph) It's a Brinkmann. dda

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
It's a Brinkmann Rebel 2, on this page if you're interested.
Like dda says, the beam is a bit on the tight side, probably comparable in width to Brinkmann's original Rebel and their earlier Long Life LED.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Brinkmann Rebel 2D the large cousin of the 2AA. Now the LED Aluminum from Brinkmann is out and slightly handier (a Mag style) with 3 lensed LED that doesn't seem too worse for the loss of one LED. Depends on which fits your hand better. I like the Aluminum one as it fits my hand better. A 2C version of the plastic Rebel would be nice (hint Brinkmann....)IMO. I have several of the 2AA and a 2D plastic units that I have hacked on and basicially treated rouhgly and they still keep going and going.....

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I don't use mine a lot, but it is always on standby for duty!

I don't find it TOO tight... although it isn't a nice flood like some lights.

Only you can decide... save the reciept!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig, what you say on your web page was right, there are red and blue filters included.

[ QUOTE ]
Telephony said:
It's a Brinkmann Rebel 2, on this page if you're interested.
Like dda says, the beam is a bit on the tight side, probably comparable in width to Brinkmann's original Rebel and their earlier Long Life LED.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wandered through Walmart, and saw this Garrity 2 LED headlamp and figured I'd see if there were any reports on it before picking one up to play with- Didn't see any mention of it though; anyone have one?
I was mainly interested in finding out how they've implemented the dimming feature with the single button; sounds like it would be a PITA if it has to be pressed 5 times to cycle through the modes just to turn it on and off, but I haven't seen any indication they have anything more sophisticated, like click duration to enter brightness change mode.