My next Fenix, PD35 Tactical or TK16 ?

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
These 2 lights have similar specs, size, price and style that I'm looking for. I'm leaning toward the PD35 Tac at the moment, mainly because it looks to be more pocketable, but still trying to compare / contrast the two. Wish I could see the beams of both.

If anyone is familiar with either or both of these lights, please share your thoughts / opinions. Thanks very much in advance.

JT

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both light. I think pd35tac is more better, little more flood. Pd35 is small too. I will go for a pd35 tac. Gl

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened
I agree, I have both aswell and I prefer the PD35 Tac. A lot nicer to carry, nice beam profile and works like a charm. Not a huge fan of the TK16 interface and the head is too big too carry nicely with not a nice clip or anything. It does throw better of course but the PD35 beam throws far enough for me and has a more useable beam.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
between those two the TAC. It's white like tint makes it seem even brighter than it actually is it is pretty impressive. Must add I just got the new TK20R recently and it has become my favorite mid size Fenix ever and I have been buying their lights since they opened up for business. TK20R is Fenix first IP68 rated light, is thermally regulated, has 5 modes I think the TK16 only has 4(not sure). It comes with a very nice 2900mah Fenix 18650, a very nice holster for once and of course the built in micro USB charging feature the micro USB port is waterproof even with the flap open. All that being said it is an easy $25 or more than the TAC and TK16.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Thanks for the opinions. Yes, the PD35 tac seems more suited for my needs, so I'm glad to see that you all like it also. It's likely what I'll end up getting, hopefully next week.

JT

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the opinions. Yes, the PD35 tac seems more suited for my needs, so I'm glad to see that you all like it also. It's likely what I'll end up getting, hopefully next week.

JT

if you are buying from fenix store, you can use Coupon code cpf08.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix PD35 TAC is a great flashlight. Not sure if I would call it a pocket light though. I guess you could put it in your pocket though. I would personally recommend the PD32 2016 as it's slightly smaller, still takes the same battery type and is only missing 100 lumens while the throw is higher.

@CelticCross74 Can you tell me what you mean when you said the TK20R is thermally regulated? Will turbo run full length instead of small bursts you need to keep turning on?

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Thanks techwg, but I already got the PD35 Tac. It came a couple of days ago, and I love it. It will likely become my daily carrier. It fits nicely in my front pocket, and it's nice to have 1000 lumens in a light that size.

It has a really nice beam for my "all around" needs, and does very well on the lower settings too. The tactical setting is handy, and the full turbo 1k lumens is a massive amount of light compared to what I'm used to.

JT

Last edited:

Lexel

Enlightened
Klarus XT11GT will blow P12 away, and there is a groupbuy coupon abailiable

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would personally recommend the PD32 2016 as it's slightly smaller, still takes the same battery type and is only missing 100 lumens while the throw is higher.

+ 1

the PD32 2016 is still pocketable, i carry it in my front pants pocket replay blue jeans, EDC.
how many % of PD35TAC owners do actually carry their light like this? probably in their side pants pocket only!

Great thread with great contributions by me :p
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?413773-*2016*-New-Fenix-PD32-2016-900-Lumens

sorry for tooting my own horn scnr

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
PD32 2016 is indeed extremely impressive. I believe it is 2mm thinner than the PD35?

techwg-yes I do indeed mean that the TK20R is thermally regulated it eases off output slowly when it hits a certain temp instead of the older timed regulation Fenix has been using for forever.