Elzetta and flashlight holster?!

Captain_Canuck

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I do not see any flashlight holsters at the Elzetta website. What do you suggest as an alternative? How do you keep the flashlight attached to something like a duty belt or web-gear?

Thank you,

CC :D

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Elzetta does not list holsters for their products, yet irronically quick removal goes into the design of their lights.

Kinda weird like that. Malkoff Devices have ease of deployment in mind as well, yet they don't sell holsters either.

Places like "lapolicegear", "ecops" and other cop stores can reccomend products that should satisfy your need.

I wonder if there should be a holster thread here. Where would it belong? There are random threads here n there, but those threads are short lived from what I recall.

What do you think Scout?

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take a look at Ripoffs at brightguy dot com, I have a couple of them, they are high quality and affordable.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
Also, (*edited by Greta - don't be such an idiot please) do you prefer closing flapped (button, magnet, velcro) or friction fit? (Nylon, polymer, leather) or even clip fit?

Im also looking for one. If i find one, Ill let you know. After all, a potentially paying customer has the power, right? Whats your price point?

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Bykfixer- I think holsters run the gamut from inexpensive, utalitarian accessories to objects of art that cost almost as much as the lights they're designed around. A single thread could be cumbersome... By the way, I second the Ripoffs recommendation, they are durable, fit well, inexpensive, and if the velcro wears out, it's a simple matter to replace it. I've only owned their belt clip designs, and the clips are quite stout.

scout24

Flashaholic
But they do list measurements of all their holsters. And they're very helpful on the phone. I would think one made to fit a SF Fury might work if they have that listed.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Bykfixer- I think holsters run the gamut from inexpensive, utalitarian accessories to objects of art that cost almost as much as the lights they're designed around. A single thread could be cumbersome... By the way, I second the Ripoffs recommendation, they are durable, fit well, inexpensive, and if the velcro wears out, it's a simple matter to replace it. I've only owned their belt clip designs, and the clips are quite stout.

Thanks Scout.
I'm not a holster user, but do know some lights were made to slip in or out better.

Checking the internet it seemed like what you said... daunting and cumbersome and that was from the multitude of sellers.

I suppose the user has to decide the best use based on their activity (does it need to stay put while running), belt size (how thick/wide/slippery), does one prefer bezel up or down, and typical size of light prefference.

If I wanted one for say my Bones I'd probably visit a local cop supply store and try some out first hand.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
Thanks Scout.
I'm not a holster user, but do know some lights were made to slip in or out better.

Checking the internet it seemed like what you said... daunting and cumbersome and that was from the multitude of sellers.

I suppose the user has to decide the best use based on their activity (does it need to stay put while running), belt size (how thick/wide/slippery), does one prefer bezel up or down, and typical size of light prefference.

If I wanted one for say my Bones I'd probably visit a local cop supply store and try some out first hand.

For the record, Im designing one now.

Captain_Canuck

Newly Enlightened
Hi, here are some. I do not know if they all will fit an Elzetta and some I do not like. Holsters that will fit an Elzetta are few and far between :) Right now I think the 5.11 ATAC SX Holster is leading. Here are a few other ones I am looking at:

http://flashlight.nitecore.com/product-category/holster

http://www.brite-strike.com/roto-loc.html

http://jerkingthetrigger.com/2016/03/19/mtg-tactical-announces-elzetta-light-pouch-models/

http://www.blackhawk.com/products/a...s-flashlight-holder with-mod-u-lok-platf.aspx

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi CC,

you haven't mentioned in your posts which Elzetta model you are wanting the holster for, depending on which model will determine the head size and body length so folk may have better suggestions for you.

I don't have any Elzetta products so I'm not sure of any of the sizes including the main body (battery compartment) diameter.

The main options are bezel up or bezel down, for tactical use bezel down allow the quickest deployment method as you don't have to turn it around to use it.

For bezel down if the body is 1" in diameter, like Surefire, Malkoff and most other manufacturers then once you know the head size you may be able to find something in the ESP Security range. (google euro-security holsters).

The below photo shows my Surefire Fury P2X in an ESP holster.

FuryHolster_zpsda30ef6c.jpg

Shown with overt tactical body armour.

SFFuryHolsterTacVest_zpsbdf26c95.jpg

Shown with covert body armour.

SFFuryHolstercovert_zps473b93f4.jpg
If the Elzetta body is 1" then for bezel up carry a simple holster will suffice, (google 'Surefire 6P Holster' for ideas) as long as the head of the flashlight is wider than the body then the flashlight won't fall through. If the holster is bottomless then it doesn't matter what length the flashlight is.

The below photo shows a Kydex holster made by KyTex Shooting Gear, the below photo shows a Malkoff MD3 on a normal sized belt, Kytex also make them for Duty Belts, in vertical and horizontal versions.

MD3%20KYTEX_zpsinauwbth.jpg

A similar thread below may be of interest to you.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?421342-Good-LEO-light-with-tactical-holster

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Cool!

Maybe it'll be just what Mr. Canuck is looking for.

@ Dave, yeah I was going to post a few side by side lights to show some 2 cell police type light are pretty similar if used bezel up but vastly different bezel down to give an idea that may help finding something universal in nature. But like you said the bucket is outta service right now.

Last edited:

Captain_Canuck

Newly Enlightened
Hello forum, why do you think Elzetta does not have any flashlight holsters? With respect, Elzetta should have a holster in Kydex for police style duty belts and a holster in Nylon for MOLLE systems.

Am I wrong on that?
:crazy:

Cordially,

CC

bykfixer

Flashaholic
They seem to focus on weapons mounting.

Agreed they could have an additional avenue of sales if they begin to appear to be duty lights as well. Adding holsters could boost that image.
But hey, I don't run the place so cannot change that.

Maybe a friendly email from you may help the "see the light"... pun intended.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
They seem to focus on weapons mounting.

Agreed they could have an additional avenue of sales if they begin to appear to be duty lights as well. Adding holsters could boost that image.
But hey, I don't run the place so cannot change that.

Maybe a friendly email from you may help the "see the light"... pun intended.

I've got a real suspicion if they read e-mails at all... Well, unless you like to send mail with zero response.