Surefire M600AA

Tribull

Enlightened
Hey all, I don't own a gun, but I do like everything about this light from the right amount of lumens to the great run times, and decent throw. Does anyone use this for a edc or all around light? Looks like the hardware for attaching it to a gun is easily removed.

Gadgetman7

Enlightened
I don't have one but have seen them. I think the bracket is built into the body. I'm not sure why Surefire doesn't release it without it.

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened
I have the M600 Scout 2 X SF123 version, and mine is not at all even close to green. Quite warm and she stays mounted to my AR-15. The bracket as posted above is not detachable, it is actually machined into the body as one piece.

Tribull

Enlightened
Thanks Cree, a few pictures i found on google make it look like the bracket is detached via what looks to be two torx bolts. Is this not the case?

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened
Thanks Cree, a few pictures i found on google make it look like the bracket is detached via what looks to be two torx bolts. Is this not the case?

Those two screws are actually holding on one side of the mounting system for a picatinny rail. The other side has a knob, and is pretty much a quick attach detach knob for the light. If you did unscrew the two star head screws and remove the clamp from each side you would still be left with the center section which has two threaded holes running vertically, stopping just under the base of the light body. This part along with the two rings that surround the light body are not removable at all, short of grinding them off. I was a little confused when I received my light as well, because I mount my lights on the left side of my rifles, and this makes the Surefire name upside down, and there is no way to fix it. So in short, there is a small amount you can remove, but it will leave you with a sharp edge and I would not recommend buying this light if you are not weapon mounting it.

Last edited: