techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Video 1, Unboxing and Overview of the Fenix TK20R Flashlight:

Direct link to the YouTube page here

Video 2, TK20R Outdoor Beam footage close and farther:

Video 3, Indoor Beam Tests & Outdoor Comparisons ~ Fenix TK20R

I really like this light. It just has a nice good quality feel to it aside from anything else. Not like the PD32 2016 which feels like an older light-weight light, but more like a proper TK series light! The beam profile appears at first glance like the original PD32 315 lumen flashlight, although of course with a ton more lumens and good projection.

Last edited:

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know how to disassemble the tail cap so clean out the switch or replace the rubber boot?

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Video 3 is up, indoor footage of the brightness modes and 2 sets of outdoor comparisons between TK20R, TK15 (R5 LED), PD35 TAC, PD32 2016.

PartyPete

Enlightened
I was considering this or maybe even another TK series light, I love the design. Would you say more flood or spot? Most of my Fenix lights are a good blend of both.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was considering this or maybe even another TK series light, I love the design. Would you say more flood or spot? Most of my Fenix lights are a good blend of both.

For some reason I am not getting emailed about replies, I even checked spam and there's just no emails from CPF ?!

This is all about the spot, although there is more than enough spill for distance and also really close range that I find this a good all-purpose light. So, as you say, a good blend of both. What I will say is, on paper as far as brightness and throw go, the TK15 Ultimate Edition (I think it's called) matches or slightly, ever so slightly exceeds this TK20R with the exception that it lacks the nice Micro USB recharge capability that is built into the TK20R. The TK15 UE is also quite a chunk cheaper, so you might want to keep that in mind if cost is an issue and you don't care about having a quick ability to charge with your existing phone charging cable.