eternaLights under appreciated!!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I'm not sure why I don't see the eternaLight series of lights discussed more often. I realize we've been through this before...is it the "unique/out of the box" chassis? It's got it's pluses for sure! This is one of the first, if not the first, micro-processor based light made (ok - go ahead and correct me if I'm wrong...)

It's got a handful of features/functions that are selectable via the membrane keypad. OUTSTANDING battery life, a handful of brighness levels, strobe, dazzle, signal modes...and some others. I really don't mean this to sound like a commercial - I'm posting this because I believe it's one of the most under appreciated torches on today's market!! I really feel it should be a part of every emergency kit (with lithiums installed) and/or in office, shop drawers, briefcases...it's pager style/sized - so easy to store in a pocket or pouch...do a search in this Forum for eternaLight and see what folks have to say!

I almost feel like this is a "Public Service Announcement" - seriously whatever torch you use in an emergency kit is your decision. The best one will of course be the one that you have with you (unless it's got no battery juice!!). Alright, I'll clam up now...and BTW - the eternaLight Ergo 3 is on sale on their website for $25!! That's a VERY GOOD price!! I know - I own "several" and yes, they are all over the house & shop!

I truly didn't know whether to post this in the Dealer's Forum or not...I don't particularly care where you spend your coins! However, the sale that they are having is a chance to get this fine tool for an excellent price! Check one out, no slight to the ARC 4+ but compare prices for what you are getting. A true Flashaholic would of course "Buy em' both!".

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my X-Ray. I get hours, days even, of useful output on 3 AA cells. Its the light i turn to when i need something that i can turn on and forget. Most of my other lights, i find myself counting the hours till the batteries die.

darkgear.com

Enlightened
Nicely said Sigman. I still sell more EternaLights than any other light. It is the best entry level LED flashlight out there and should be an old reliable standby for Flashaholics.

I like the durability of the light best. I have broken 5 Inova X5's from drops that the EternaLights laugh at. Even after some serious abuse the Elite models still look way better than any aluminum light I have that has been through half as much! The first EternaLight I bought was a X2 rave'n and it has been through all the abuse my 4 kids could dish out. Still works perfectly.

With all the hype of all of these new lights it's sometimes hard to remember that these microprocessor based EternaLights have been around for 3 years now and is still a viable and market worthy design.

Here's to Technology Associates!

Best regards,
Randy

PS ne1 want a great deal on a 3M? email me :p

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Sigman,

I have been following the ARC4 thread with some interest. I wonder if Tom (Technology Associates) had to go through some of the same stuff when they brought out the EternaLights.

I have several, use them a lot, and love them. I highly recommend them as well.

Tom

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use mine as well. I love the switches and the fact that the selector switch is different from the on/off switch. Which is why I choose to spend my hard earned dollars on Charlie's VIP light as opposed to an Arc 4 at this time.

I know some people don't like them but I wish they stuck a magnet on at least one of their lower priced models and I would buy a couple as gifts. They are excellent for sticking the light on the fridge where it is handy for a lot of uses.

hsjrev

Newly Enlightened
I'd really like to see a bicycle handlebar mount for the Ergo. That would be a nice city commuter bike light that you could unclip and toss in a pocket at your destination.

charliek

Enlightened
I have the Ergo Xray- very nice light- lots of fun to play around with the buttons and such.... I look forward to bringing it on my first camping trip of the year to *really* put it through it's paces.

snook

Newly Enlightened
My Eternalights turned out to be the BEST lights for me to use during last year's NYC/Northeast blackout. This was a real example of awesome runtime and great features winning out over brightness/throw.

I found that if I just pointed one at the ceiling, balanced on its end, it would light up the entire room. I didn't have to worry about battery life at all, I just notched the brightness down one setting for insurance. Plus, the little blue locator beacon was incredibly comforting if I set the light down somewhere.

As for the other features, the strobe is killer for freezing the motion of a motor while it's in operation, and kids love it if you point it at a running faucet. (try it!)

I use these lights every day, and it feels as though I never have to change the batteries! (well, maybe once - in YEARS)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've had a Derringer now for almost a month. It's pretty much become my EDC around the house. I especially like having a easy clickie switch, its multiple levels, and the red light. Definitely a big thumbs-up.

charliek

Enlightened
The 10 minute auto-off is perfect for a tent light! Hang it from the roof clip and hit the button... after everyone is settled in dad (that's me) doesn't have to get up to turn off the light (and settle back in in the dark).

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use my EliteMax around the house more than any other light. It is very useful on the low settings for walking around the house and outside when it is dark out. I also EDC the light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Canuke

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
hsjrev said:
I'd really like to see a bicycle handlebar mount for the Ergo. That would be a nice city commuter bike light that you could unclip and toss in a pocket at your destination.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do what I did -- strap it to the back of your hand. (Though a stretchy lanyard would have been much better for this task than the one I had). I had mine in "Chase" mode on my right hand, which gave me nearly full-on light while still having a flickering, notice-me effect for safety. I got quite a few "That light is awesome" comments from other riders on the trails around Lake Calhoun in Minneapolis. I could easily angle my hand around slightly to beam the light around bends etc. and the buttons are right there for mode switching. Only knock, is that it wasn't quite enough to light my way in darkness. Two of them would have been just perfect, along with an Inova 24/7 on the belt for the rear marker. Of course the fact that it was an X2 Rave'n added a bit of that Vegas factor. I'd look like "The Anycolor Lantern" with all those on me once I got off the bike.

I think the reason these lights don't get as much press is simply the HB/Luxeon onslaught over the last two years, simple as that. But the cool factor of the phaser shape is definitely unique.

sotyakr

Enlightened
Although not my EDC, the Derringer and EliteXRay probably get more everyday (make that every night) use than any other light I have. The relatively short throw flood of the eternaLights is perfect for most of what I need to light up in the evening. Plus the versatility of the various modes and levels, I think they're great. The EliteXRay always goes kayaking with me, just in case.

I almost went for an Arc4 second, but I'm thinking the EliteMax will be my next purchase.

charliek

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
sotyakr said:
I almost went for an Arc4 second, but I'm thinking the EliteMax will be my next purchase.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK- I own the Ergo Xray... what is the big selling point of the elite max?

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EliteMax is regulated, while the X-Ray isnt. This means you get the same brightness whatever trype of AA cell you use. Plus the brightness doesnt drop off, it remains constant.

charliek

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
kakster said:
The EliteMax is regulated, while the X-Ray isnt. This means you get the same brightness whatever trype of AA cell you use. Plus the brightness doesnt drop off, it remains constant.

[/ QUOTE ]

There has got to be more to it... it's 2x the price of the Ergo Xray....

Do you know of a place that has a good price?

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oops. I was talking about the Elite X Ray, not the Ergo. The Eite max does have a few more functions, best place to look it up would be on the techass site. Too many for me to memorize.