Arc4+ brightness, any specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zvi

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

I've measured mine, produces 840 Lux from 1 meter. I was wondering about other CPFer results. Did anyone measure? I saw 600 lux in one thread, and if I am not mistaken over 1000 in another, but I think that was 4x. Is there any spec from ArcFlashlight for the brightness?

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
on the page here , Arc4+ was stated to have 600 lux at level 1.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
kj said:
My lightmeter (LM631) shows about 750 lux at 1 meter. Check out my Arc4 page for my results on other brightness levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of your charts shows all 16 levels + boost. What do you mean by boost? I thought level 1 was boost?

kj

Enlightened
Peter stated level 1 is boost. However, in my testing, I found pressing down the button slightly increased the brightness even from the level 1. So I put the lux reading on that "pressing the button" state as boost. I hope someone who has the light meter tries this and checks if this is reproducible with other Arc4.

Human eyes cannot tell the difference between these, so usually we don't need to care about this difference.

jtice

Flashaholic
kj,

Very nice site, that was VERY informative!'Thanks alot.

Are you just entering the data into excel like TIN did?
Or do you have the computer connected to your light meter?

kj

Enlightened
I'm using Meterman LM631 and connecting its analog output to PC via DMM. You can find I ran my Arc4+ runtime tests for 20 hours and I just can't record data by hand for such long time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif In the Arc4+ tests, the lux reading was sampled at 10 seconds interval.

jtice

Flashaholic
What DMM do you have? Must be a really nice one!

I have a Fluke 177, which is really nice, but it has no computer hookups. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Is there any way for me to do this?

Zvi

Newly Enlightened
Interesting results. 240 lux is quite a difference, (600 vs. 840) 40%. I guess it's all LED given the identical flashlights and presumably fresh
cells in both cases. Was it 4+ or 4? Kindda strange if both were premiums. Well, apparently I got a good one?

Status
Not open for further replies.