Zebralight SC 62 vs 63 Difference In Beak Pattern ... W still available????

Witterings

Enlightened
Hi,
Just a quickie question in case anyone has both the SC62 and SC63 if there's any noticeably difference in the beam pattern ie is one more flood or the other have more throw????

Also the SC62w doesn't seem to be available any more ... has this one been discontinued, I was wondering if they were discontinuing the 62 range as the cool white's been on sale for a while.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both lights. The '63w, with its XHP emitter, is definitely more floody. The hotspot angle is broader and the spill area is brighter. Its still a reflectored light though, so the overall outer beam angle is probably pretty close. And honestly the '62w isn't exactly a thrower either. They're both pretty floody, the newer '63w is just... more floody.

I saw someone else a few days ago who was trying to buy a '62w and found them out of stock again. Zebralight has already moved them to the "Discontinued Products" section of their product spreadsheet, so if they're not completely gone then it won't be long. The only way to know for sure is to email Zebralight and ask if there's any more coming. They're generally pretty good about responding to inquiries quickly.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah the 62w have been discontinued and no further production of these is planned. Once ZL puts something on the discontinued list then that's it. Your best chance of getting one would be to watch eBay or the marketplace on here. They pop up occasionally but not that often. The 62w has a slightly tighter beam and better tint than my 63w but the 63w is shorter is easier on the pockets, the 62 can "shred" them over time from the ribs on it.

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to go off topic, but I love your subject line:laughing:.
I think this is what your looking for
dodo_5F00_beaktohead.gif

I'll show myself out

Last edited:

JStraus

Newly Enlightened
I say get the 63, flat-top battery required an all. It's just a fantastic light.

low

Enlightened
Hi,
Just a quickie question in case anyone has both the SC62 and SC63 if there's any noticeably difference in the beam pattern ie is one more flood or the other have more throw????

Also the SC62w doesn't seem to be available any more ... has this one been discontinued, I was wondering if they were discontinuing the 62 range as the cool white's been on sale for a while.

They have them at knife center. Here is a link, mods please remove if this is a no go on the link.

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/ZL...hlight-neutral-white-xm-l2-led-930-max-lumens

Witterings

Enlightened
I say get the 63, flat-top battery required an all. It's just a fantastic light.

Does the 62 require a flat top battery as well or will it take button tops ... only because I have heaps of those and only a couple of flat tops????

Anybody know as well, whenever I quote someone in a reply the space bar doesn't work when I type so I end up having to do everything in Notepad and then copy / paste into here ... obviously just a bit of a glitch on the site?????

TheBelgian .... Cheers for pointing out my typo but your reply probably makes it a far more interesting thread :laughing:

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened
I'll try not to derail it any further.

On Topic: The SC62 has springs in both the head and the tail, so it should accept any battery that's not to long (<=69mm). Maybe some very long button tops won't fit, but most will.
Tip, if you measure the length of your cells, make sure to insulate your calipers. I've made mistakes with that one.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah the 63w is a flat top only light, you want the cells right around 65mm. With the 62w you can use both flat and protected cells. Both are great lights and I say it comes down to what cell you want to use and availability since the 62w can't be found anywhere that I've seen, brand new at least.