Recommended batteries for a Surefire 6px tactical

Junior310

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone
im new here and I was wondering if you guys can give me a hand. I purchased a surefire 6px tactical flashlight and in the market for some rechargeable batteries. Any suggestions? What do you guys recommend me?

BIGLOU

Enlightened
The only thing I can recommend is using a single cell 17670 lithium ion battery. I recommend going with an AW brand. I have used a two cell step up using LiFoPo4 3V batteries but found that the cells discharge (drain) at different rates, at times only one cell drains the other stays the same.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keeppower 16650 cells will happily work.
The 2000mAh will give same runtime as two CR123, the 2500mAh a bit more.
Both will give it a bit less brightness(5% or so), undetectable to the naked eye.

Flashlightguide website has a review of the G2X and 6PX with a graph showing plots for two CR123, two LiFePo4 and 16650 cells.

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Another vote for the Keeppower 16650 2500, don't own the Surefire but they are great running my 2-cell Elzettas.

Slightchance

Newly Enlightened
I also use keeppower 16650s. I mainly use them in my Elzetta Bravo, but I don't see why it wouldn't work in a 6px.

Though I keep cr123s in my 6px since I use it as a weapon light (even though it is really only supposed to be used as a hand held)

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another vote for Keeppower 16650 2500mAh here. While not regulated the decline is hardly noticeable for the first 1,5 hours.

My own runtime test here(This is not the result for the specific light you talk about but according to my understanding the brightness and electronics is identical between the GX and PX models.):

By the way: :welcome:

Last edited: