4+ Holster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastlane

Newly Enlightened
A fitted kydex holster that could carry the light bezel up or down, with a swivel belt clip would be handy.

Prolepsis

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
[ QUOTE ]
Roy said:
Has anyone come out with a holster for the 4+ yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

You do know that Arc makes a belt-mounted pouch for the Arc4, don't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use this ARC pouch, but the ARC4 is just a smudge too big for it; that is, the velcro cover only catches a small portion of the flap, since the ARC4 is slightly longer than the LSH/LSL.

For me, something like the stock Inova X5T holster would be great (no flap). I could always just clip the light to my belt, I guess.

Cheers,
et

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Roy said:
The ARC website warns that the ARC pouch will not fit the +4.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must have missed that one. Sorry. I thought the reason for the newly designed pouch was to accomodate all ARC-LS lights. Maybe it's just me. I've been carrying my Arc4+ in the Arc pouch since I received it.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I use the RipOffs CO-37. It fits great. This is a padded holster with a full flap that has a metal belt clip. I have been using two of these holsters for EDC for a few months and they are holding up fine.
The CO-37 fits the ARC LS, ARC4, E1e, Leatherman Juice.
The CO-37 does not fit the E1e/KL1.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use the ARC pouch also, but have noticed that it is a little too small for the ARC4+.
Still it works. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Crash

Enlightened
half New Orleans, half Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I have used the ARC holsters but I find that they are not up to the quality of the lights. The two that I have frayed after a couple of months plus they are so flimsy that getting the light back in them was difficult.

The RIPOFFS holster for the SF E1e (model CO-37) works perfectly. I understand that it is available with a belt loop as well as the clip-on. I like the clip on. It is easy enough to take off if you want to but I have tried to pull it off by force and the spring clip holds fast. You can go to www.ripoffs.com for a full line of their holsters. They don't sell directly to the public though - you have to go through one of their dealers who they will gladly refer you to. I got my holsters through Filmtools (www.filmtools.com) and was very pleased with the service they provided. IMHO the RIPOFFS holsters are far superior to the ones from Arc and they aren't that expensive.

dtsoll

Enlightened
If anyone with a credit card is going to order a ripoffs CO-37, please pm me, I would like 2 and have no cc but would mail you a money order if you would like to help me out! Just a thought! Thank you! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I would pay for the the shipping from distributor and to me!!

Crash

Enlightened
half New Orleans, half Baton Rouge, Louisiana
dtsoll:

Instead of going to all that trouble and added expense, just mail a money order to: Filmtools, 3100 West Magnolia Blvd., Burbank, CA, 91505 and tell them what you want. Second day shipping to New Orleans was $14.00. Call them at (818) 845-8066 and they will tell you the costs of other shipping methods. They are backordered on the CO-37 right now though they should be getting a new shipment in soon.

dtsoll

Enlightened
Thanks crash, I will give that a whirl! I guess that would be just as quick! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sslavers

Newly Enlightened
ive used the arc belt holdster for the arc4+ and velcro flap did work correctly, but the light would turn on all the time. i was constantly checking to make sure that the light was off. i finally set it to the dimmest setting , but it was a pain. i will have to check out the ripoff. thanks

dtsoll

Enlightened
I just got two Ripoffs CO-37 holsters from Kiesub.com today. They are great for the 4+!!! Their price was less than 10 bucks each on sale. Highly recommended for 4+ carry, these seem to be of high quality and much more substantial than the Arc pouch. I hope Arc considers a pouch something like this, maybe have ripoffs make a custom pouch with the Arc logo on it or something, just my thoughts!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
dtsoll said:
I just got two Ripoffs CO-37 holsters from Kiesub.com today. They are great for the 4+!!! Their price was less than 10 bucks each on sale. Highly recommended for 4+ carry, these seem to be of high quality and much more substantial than the Arc pouch. I hope Arc considers a pouch something like this, maybe have ripoffs make a custom pouch with the Arc logo on it or something, just my thoughts!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My issue with the Ripoffs pouch compared to the Arc pouch is with the size. The size of the C0-37 is so much larger than the Arc pouch, when worn on a belt.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Here is a idea lifted from the PM6 holster. They have a PVC pipe cap stuffed into the bottome of their holster. It is of a size that allows the push button to fit inside the pipe cap and the body of the flashlight to rest on the edge of the pipe cap. No way to activate the switch while the light is in the holster. Need to find the right size PVC pipe cap for the +4.

Status
Not open for further replies.