Need a cheap light? new side switch T63

gnappi

Newly Enlightened
I don't like end cap lights at all, I find them awkward to use so whenever I see a side switch model I generally look hard at it, ok... and buy it too. I can't have too many inexpensive models because I like to have one wherever I need it rather than go hunting for one. I like to keep an 18650 light in the shop, motorcycle, car, DVD collection rack, kitchen junk drawer etc. and don't need a $60 light everywhere and don't want to go hunting for one when I need it where I am.

I just got in a few single cell "Trustfire T63" (also branded Skywolfe T63 and unbranded T63) models and it's pretty lightweight (5.5 ozs. total empty), thin and it came with an insert for 26650 cells as well as a wall wart to charge the light without having to remove the battery.

The emitter is decidedly binned to the blue side of the light spectrum, and I "REALLY" don't think it's a T6, my other lights with a T6 are much brighter and have a whiter beam. But, that's marketing and these are really not bad for an eight dollar grab light.

The 5 modes for me are useless, especially the flashing modes. Having to select through all of them to get back where I want to be is annoying. But they're inexpensive and just dropped everywhere I need one so it's not a biggie.

I don't have any 26650 cells to try it with but LOTS of junk protected cells I bought way back when I knew little of 18650's which run pretty OK, and the built in charger with supplied wall wart is handy. The rear spring is substantial and long / strong enough to use shorter unprotected cells too. I took off the wrist straps as I have no need for one.

The "zoom" is a bit scratchy, and its ring is sloppy, but it's ~ $8.00 (~$10 with a low quality battery, single cell charger and 3xaaa adapter) so what? :)

If it came in a single mode or even a high/low mode I would have loved it but overall it's not bad, a nice inexpensive gift, and one you can leave everywhere you need light without hunting for it.

PS. On Ebay, there are many California sellers who are NOT required or authorized to collect tax for states like Florida and collect up to 9% tax automatically at checkout. You have to complain to get a refund. Ebay seems to not monitor or care about this.