Hope you guys can help me out

amrogers3

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I have a older Streamlight Twin-task. It has an outer ring of LEDs surrounding a single Xenon bulb in the middle. I got this through and it was manufactured in 2008 based upon the number inside the shaft. It holds 2 Lithium batteries. There is no model number on the light just the manufactured date.

It has the following pattern:
1 click - turns center light on
2 click - turns outer light on
3 click - turn both sets of lights on
4 click - off

So recently, it lost the ability to turn both sets of lights on, i.e. 3 clicks.

I sent it back in and they are trying to tell me the #3 setting never worked and I am mistaken. I have had this light for years and know how it functions. Problem is I cannot find a similar light online to prove my point and now they won't fix it. It still works but the #3 setting is why I really liked this light.

Anyone have the same model? I need something to show the Streamlight guys so they can fix this sucker.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Welcome to the site.

So.... what does Streamlight say setting 3 does? Seems there'd be no setting 3 at all if both can't light at the same time.

What happens at 'click 3'?

Strange.

Edit: you can probably find one at Amazon if you just want to replace it.

Last edited:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
All of the Twin Task lights have the same switch, some, like the TT2L that you have, only have one set of led lights. In that case the switch settings were 1. Center main light, 2. LEDs, 3. Center main light, and 4. Off.

The ones that had two rings of LEDS did 1. Inner ring of LEDS, 2. All LEDs, 3. Center Main liglht, and 4. Off.

I don't believe any of the Twin Task lights ever turned on all of the LEDs/bulbs at once. IIRC, the TT2L that I had with the xenon main bulb had the same switch pattern as the current TT2L with all LEDs.

As far as what Streamlight is saying, the number 3 position has always been the main light by itself. I just went through the documentation for all of the current Twin Task lights, and they are all set up that way.

If you want, you can give them my info and tell them that my TT2L with the Xenon lamp worked the same way that their current TT2L does with the main light being an LED. I, as you say, the third position turned on all the lights, it was miswired. In any case, they should at least return/replace yours with one that has the current switch pattern. If you want them all on, you should be able to mod the switch to do so, or get one of our modders to do it for you.

Let us know how things turn out.

amrogers3

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, thanks for the responses and the welcome. Glad I am able to come here and ask questions.

So, the problem is this is a older flashlight, circa 2008 (build date on inside shows 11/08) and I cannot find a similar light to mine for replacement. The current ones do no have the feature of turning both sets of lights on. And Streamlight doesn't believe me that it should turn on both sets. Like I said, I have had this light for years and 3 clicks used to turn on both sets of lights. I think they are basing the functionality off of newer editions of the light.

Instead of turning both sets of lights on, 3 clicks currently only turns on the center. Now both 1 click and 3 clicks do the same thing.

Here is my light

20170313_011141_zpsltotyndl.jpg

20170313_011153_zpsharq2zln.jpg

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have Streamlight Task-Light 3AA, I think it is bad contact of the switch only, it is a small square black switch with 3 contact points.
Try to take it apart form upper and lower housing. Do it slowly and take some pictures to internal parts spring....,
Clean each of the contact points inside, you might bring it back to life.